Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeamBergerhealer

Supporter

@md_5
    Any schedule for when the first development builds of 1.13 become available using build tools? Sorry if I missed it in any of the update posts. Building with --rev 1.13 --dev built 1.12.2 instead.

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

He typically waits for the minecraft prereleases before he does any spigot releases. If you want to test your stuff against the new api, clone the bukkit repo and run mvn install.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. TeamBergerhealer

Supporter

Oh alright, fair enough. I'm more worried about breakage with the NMS 'API' than Bukkit itself honestly. I can wait :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. just want it to work. and use all the cpu cores, not asking for much :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Hi , sorry for the newbie question how do i install the preview, I'm on a Mac and I usually just do the buildtools, but this is different for me, Thanks

6. Choco

There is no preview server. Please read the rest of the comments in this thread that have already identified that only the API is available. The answer was even 3 posts above yours

7. Ahh ok , i though a preview version was created. I see it's only for the API, thanks.. told ya Newbie question!!

8. A few things I'm wondering about. A few are not directly related to the update, but thought it was a good as time as any to ask them.

1. The method clear(int, int) in PlayerInventory was removed for obvious reasons. Any chance of getting clear(Material) added? It's fairly simple to include in a utility so I could just have that, but it would be a neat addition to have in the official API since it used to exist anyway.
    2. I can't find anywhere online as to why there is a separate class named Player.Spigot, CommandSender.Spigot, etc. rather than put those methods directly into Player itself. There's no Javadoc on that class and I was wondering if you had any insight into that.
    3. Is there any chance at all that an interface called Messagable or something along those lines could be implemented to make it so developers who make custom APIs can use some of the built-in functionalities that CommandSender has without also having to handle all the side effects of ServerOperator and Permissible?
    4. Are there any plans to adding a method to Material that allows developers to easily look up the default in-game name of a Material? For example, cooked_beef vs steak?

Thanks for answering any or all of the questions. Like people in the thread have said time and time again, thank you so much for all the hard work you guys put in to making Spigot great.

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

2: the spigot sub classes are added by spigot and contain spigot exclusive apis. Before spigot had full control over bukkit, that was the only way to add new apis without fearing collisions with new apis added by the bukkit team
    4: the names should match better in 1.13 since they are the same compared to the vanilla names now. For more control I would suggest using translateable chat components, that way you can even have the name in the locale of the player.

10. You mean this method clear ?
    I think this can be replaced with MaterialData: Playerinventory#clear(MaterialData)
    It MaterialData contains the Material and the specific internal data.

You mean an interface that only has the Messagable#sendMessage(String) and Messagable#sendMessage(String[]) in it? Possible the spigot extensions?

11. Choco

MaterialData was also deprecated, but there's been a replacement for #clear() for quite some time now. See Inventory#remove(Material) and Inventory#remove(ItemStack) to remove ItemStack objects with identical ItemMeta as well

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Choco

Interesting that they chose to add a /bossbar command. That seems a bit random in my opinion, but at least it gives server operators the ability to take advantage of the boss bars in a more friendly way.

What? We've had a boss bar API since Minecraft 1.9
    https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/b...kit.boss.BarStyle-org.bukkit.boss.BarFlag...-

13. MiniDigger

Supporter

why do we need a new one?

14. MiniDigger

Supporter

map makers ;)

15. There is JavaDoc. Like this: https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/entity/Player.Spigot.html

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Or you could just install a plugin that makes combat like 1.8 and update your EFFIN server. jesus.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Good stuff, thanks for the update.

18. Yeah that's what I thought, too. I may just be being pessimistic, but I think they probably knew they wouldn't be finished with the world gen stuff by Wednesday, so instead they quickly added this command so they could have something to put out in a snapshot since there was also not a w04 snapshot.

Not that it's a useless command at all, but kind of silly I think to have a snapshot with one command and a couple bug fixes. I wonder if this will start a trend with adding other commands of this style.

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.