Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Wasn't ever on the nexus, only stash

2. Huh weird, I remember org.bukkit.bukkit 18w02a being on there at some point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Squeeeeel, im going to refresh the buildtools page daily now! Does anyone know if Spigot will release builtools for 1.13 pre or are they waiting for the full release?

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

You will see a post on the Frontpage and maybe via the Twitter account

• Like Like x 2
  5. We look forward to that day!

6. can't wait to get the first prerelease of spigot.

7. Given block states are an important feature in 1.13, would it be possible to implement some methods to take advantage of them?

Vanilla now references items/block as one long string instead of data values, which holds the block state and any NBT data. Some examples on the wiki look like this:
    minecraft:redstone_wire[power=15,north=up,south=side]
    minecraft:furnace[facing=north]{BurnTime:200}

Having some built-in method to convert between Blocks/ItemStacks and a string like above might help with saving and referencing items, especially in cases like configs, allowing more specific control over items by the end-user.

Similarly, some method to manipulate vanilla's block states on a given block object would be nice, again providing more fine control over the individual block, as well as checking for specific varieties of a block. Being able to check for a case such as if a pane is connected on a certain face, for example, may be helpful for some plugins

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

Have you looked at the linked API at all?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Niall7459

Supporter

I have actually taken a look in-game and at the specification protocol on wiki.vg Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.00.06.png

They have replaced team prefix String(16) to Chat. (Actually supports enough characters to take the scoreboard of my screen)
    Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 09.41.18.png

Don't know if this is a final decision but we might be in the safe.
    This would also remove the need for even editing both prefix/suffix since the prefix could contain all of each line.

#411 Niall7459, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Maximvdw

Benefactor

It's still better to analyze a string to separate placeholders to the right so you don't have to update static text

11. Niall7459

Supporter

Yeah more efficient, and as long as the placeholder is 16 chars or less.

As far as I’ve tested though this doesnt have a character limit for prefix/suffix.

The objective is immutable though. Cannot change the display name. The method is also deprecated in the 1.13 API which I guess means no more animated scoreboard titles. Unless a new method is made.

12. That's actually a bug (MC-131382); they re-added the packet to change the display name but did so incorrectly (and nobody noticed because it's not something easy to test). Hopefully that'll be fixed before 1.13 proper releases.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Niall7459

Supporter

Ah so that’s not an intentional change. Thanks for clearing this up. ;)

Does anyone have any idea if BuildTools will support 1.13 pre releases anytime soon. Or are the devs going to wait until full release is out.

14. @md-5 Since there are some renames to the items and blocks in pre5 could you please update the API preview?

15. md_5

Administrator Developer

Not sure its ready

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. MiniDigger

Supporter

Why exactly do you copy paste the first Google result for Minecraft 1.13 here?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. There are some changes I don't fully understand why. For example, why are GOLD_BOOTS changed into GOLDEN_BOOTS?

18. Consistency

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.