Minecraft 1.13: What to expect

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 6, 2017.

1. big update. big spigot. great 'Spigot Team'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Maximvdw

Benefactor

What syntax for the text component did you use?
    [​IMG]

3. MiniDigger

Supporter

You need to excape the quotes of the chat component.

/summon cow ~ ~ ~ {CustomNameVisible:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"test\",\"color\":\"red\"}"}

4. Checking in on that command validator stuff (~ a month later). Any progress here?

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, its as it was before

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Meh, good thing I use a Texture pack...

7. The texture changes are not part of 1.13.

8. md_5, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there any chance that this event PlayerChatTabCompleteEvent could recognize commands? I mean, if it could be added to future spigot versions.

I have been trying with many different ways, checked forums, read the API files, but it just recognizes chat. It would be amazing to add support for commands, it may help a lot Devs and also we could create some amazing things with it.

Thank you a lot.

9. Do you mean for command completions?

10. MiniDigger

Supporter

https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/event/server/TabCompleteEvent.html

11. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

I mean, for one, you didn't look hard enough. TabCompleteEvent exists. Second, if developers want to implement their own tab completions for their commands, TabCompleter also exists

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

multiple ppl don't know how to google then.
    next time talk to the ppl who do know that, you can find us on the chat tab (the irc) ;)

13. Viaversion don't fail me now! :3

14. oh god another 1.8 server

• Like Like x 3
  15. 1.12*

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. instantly thought 1.8 because most servers that use plugins like that are 1.8 due to pvp ._.

17. Which is funny because the developer-intended purpose of the plugin (source) is to actually bridge a short distance as a buffer for things to update -- so they're using it the intended way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. "I've never intended for the software to be a permanent protocol hack, more a buffer for when you update, obviously people using it differently."

1.8 servers supporting everything 1.8+ is definitely not a buffer, it's more of a permanent protocol hack for everyone else

19. Sorry, my comment was ambiguous. Kainzo using it to bridge 1.12 and 1.13 is using it as a buffer as intended. Using it on 1.8 is not using it as intended.

• Like Like x 1