Minecraft 1.13: What to expect

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Awesome work guys!

2. Spigot 1.13 should make a solid base for futher updates.
    Good luck with refactoring/updating!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, they are. I think it's about time they were removed completely. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. With the new API will be able to edit NBT directly? If I'm not wrong now you can add custom values to block NBT, same with items.
    Will be great to have something like:
    Code (Text):
    Block block = getDummyBlock();
    block.setNBTValue("id", Object);
    block.haveNBTValue("id");
    block.getNBTValue("id");
    //
    ItemStack item = getDummyItem();
    item.setNBTValue("id", Object);
    item.haveNBTValue("id");
    item.getNBTValue("id");
    and to be saved on map files.

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, NBT is not API, and Minecraft only supports NBT on tiles (ie half a dozen special blocks)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 1.13 is in January ?

7. Thanks for the nice work!

It would be nice if you could release the current state of the api structure for public review.
    I think it would be easier to change the api before the implementation has been done.

I would really like to participate in the api development process, as I am currently working on a server with a huge variety of used bukkit api features and we have several cases where the api doesn't provide all the features we need, especially regarding material data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nice nice :) would love to see

9. This is going to be gutting for those plugins that there are no alternatives too that are unique and wont be updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Really interesting changes if you ask me;););)

Like always, Hats off to the Spigot Team for such good updates.:)
    Can't wait for this to come:D:D

11. Will you rewrite all the Materials to match the vanilla names? For example Material.SULPHUR. This is so annoying sometimes :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's gonna be horrendous trying to type out all the things with worldedit to run a command with multiple block %'s if you cant use ID's

13. Yes lol. //set diamond_block,emerald_block,redstone_block.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MiniDigger

Supporter

not really since you can use tab completion. it will be better since you don't have to remember any magic numbers

15. Knowing me I'll forget about tab completion 75% of the time x). Didn't even know it was a thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. MiniDigger

Supporter

its not like worldedit supported that since basically forever. its been over 1500 days since the deprecation of the magic ids and yet ppl still use them....

17. As a USER not a DEVELOPER I've never had issues using ID's in commands, I find them easy, clean and makes writing commands fast (Granted you remember what the numbers are.)

Especially for setting up Prison mines in the past it was a very efficient way of setting them up in a fast timespan.

I have nothing against the ID's being removed if it means that it has benefits for the overall project, but as a user, I find it a shame regarding command usage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

And that's the problem. Having to associate arbitrary numbers to blocks and items is just a mess all-together. There should be no reason for 1 to equal stone, 2 to equal grass, or anything (those are the only 2 I actually remember because I use them as examples). If you were to give me a block, I could not tell you it's ID unless I were in-game with F3 + H enabled. This is why they were deprecated in 1.6, because even as an end user, they're not clean by any means nor does it make things easier. It forces the user to assign numbers to items without any real meaning behind them

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. honestly if someone wanted to use numbers THAT badly and is a dev, they could just make something to re-add the magic numbers, though it would be a pain :p

20. I suppose it's a personal thing then, I know a lot of the block ID's from usage in the past. 1 Stone, 2 Grass, 3 Dirt, 4 Cobblestone, 5 Oak wood plans, 129 Emerald Block, 56 Diamond ore, Etc.

Probably a personal thing since I used to set up prison mines in the past and it forced me to learn the ID's since like I stated above, I didn't know tab completion was a thing. I do understand your reasoning behind it, and it does make sense. I am not trying to defend the ID numbers, I'm simply stating for my experience they were no problem.