Minecraft 64bit Java Error EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by VikasRocks, Oct 20, 2014.

1. The steps to prevent Minecraft 64 bit crashing with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) error are given below:

Reinstall the Java Runtime Environment

The Java installation is probably corrupted. You may have to uninstall and reinstall the same. Java is used by Minecraft and corruption of the Java files lead runtime errors.

For Windows 8.1/ 8:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Programs and Features.

3. Press F3 key. In the Search box on the top right corner, type “Java”

4. Right click “Java Runtime Environment” from the Search Results, select Uninstall option.

5. Follow the on-screen wizard and then reboot your PC.

For Earlier Versions of Windows:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Select Control Panel.

3. Click Programs | Uninstall a program.

4. Refer Steps # 3-5 from Windows 8.1/ 8 user’s paragraph.

Reinstall the Minecraft

After reinstalling the Java program, reinstall the Minecraft as well. The process of re-installation is similar to that of Java.

Disable User Account Control

This error appears due to conflicts with the User Account Control (UAC), a security feature in Microsoft Windows.

For Windows 8.1/ 8:

1. Press Windows Key.

2. Type “Control Panel” in the Search Box.

3. Click the Apps icon.

4. Open that from the Search Results.

5. Click User Accounts and Family Safety | User Accounts.

6. Click “Change User Account Control settings” link.

7. Move the slidebar to the extreme bottom, i.e. Never Notify.

8. Click the OK button.

For Earlier Versions of Windows:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Type “Change user account control settings” in the Search Box.

3. Open that from the Search Results.

4. Refer Steps # 7-8 from Windows 8.1/ 8 user’s paragraph.

Check Conflicts with the DEP

Some of the program files are conflicting with the DEP feature in Windows. Add those program files to the Data Execution Prevention excluded files list as shown below:

For Windows 8.1/ 8 and Earlier Versions:

1. Right click the Computer desktop icon.

2. Select Properties.

3. Click “Advanced system settings” link.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Click Settings button under Performance.

6. Click Data Execution Prevention tab.

7. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.

8. Click the Add button.

9. Browse and add all the files from the following directory:
    • C:\Program Files\Minecraft

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft

• C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\.Minecraft
    10. Click OK | OK.

Optimize Services and Clear Junk Files:

To run game at its optimum performance it is important to turn off computer services and clean computer junk. Using PCFresher System Utilities perform services optimization and cleaning-out junk information. It may take a minute or two. This will help fixing corrupted files and prevent Minecraft crashes.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. This looks like an advertisement.

Additionally, allowing programs past DEP is dangerous, turning off UAC is dangerous, reinstalling java is usually unnecessary, etc etc etc.

I would disregard this post.

Oh - and your "PC FRESHER" whatever the hell it is isn't "featured on intel", you ripped off the pinpoint partner logo from Microsoft, I don't even know why you used the pinpoint logo instead of the gold/silver/etc competency logo's, etc etc etc.

All in all, this really, really, really looks like bullshit and advertising. I haven't actually downloaded your shitty program, but I would probably end up seeing it use elevated permissions, install itself into /minecraft, and sorta do really, really bad things. You're forgetting that the majority of the community uses Linux as well. You wasted your time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. @commander:

Additionally, allowing programs past DEP is dangerous, turning off UAC is dangerous,

In my view, disabling UAC won't make cause any issue as long as a good antivirus is installed.

reinstalling java is usually unnecessary, etc etc etc.

Before posting a comment do take some time to read the entire Error Code, wherein Java is clearly mentioned. Minecraft uses some Java files during runtime, so reinstallation is essential.

Oh - and your "PC FRESHER" whatever the hell it is isn't "featured on intel", you ripped off the pinpoint partner logo from Microsoft, I don't even know why you used the pinpoint logo instead of the gold/silver/etc competency logo's, etc etc etc. All in all, this really, really, really looks like bullshit and advertising. I haven't actually downloaded your shitty program, but I would probably end up seeing it use elevated permissions, install itself into /minecraft, and sorta do really, really bad things.

I recommended what I feel essential to diagnose someone's computer problem.

4. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have tried again and again to do this but my minecraft crashes every 5 minutes, ruining my games! I have done all the steps, but the DEP part says that Minecraft CAN NOT BE ADDED TO THE DEP! Here is my crash report, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    http://pastebin.com/2R02HaPd

5. I fixed this problem by just allocating more memory to my java ~
    didnt have to re-install or anything
    just allocate more memnory

6. ano

ano

This Java memory allocation parameter worked for me:
    -Xmx3G

It was previously "-Xmx1G" which crashes like stated above.
    If set to "-Xmx2G" the game runs, but graphics are messed up.

My system has 8 GB of RAM and onboard Intel graphics.

There is no need to change UAC, DEP, reinstall Java or install some dodgy "Windows clean up tool".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

7. New I have changed the allocation parameter and it is still showing the same message, which is very frustrating, this only happened since minecraft updated to 1.9, I ran 1.89 again and it worked just fine. But I want to run 1.9 because I have a server that I'm paying for.

8. This steps really helped, thanks.
    On 1G minecraft crashed, on 2G minecraft crashed, but on 3G worked fine.

9. I am currently having this problem I changed it to 3G and I'm still having this problem help please ;-;