Minecraft crashes the entire server randomly

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Tufan, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

1. I'm using OVH's GAME-32 instance with Ubuntu 18.04, my servers keep getting crashed with this error: https://pastebin.com/W6meWc5A (Paper, same thing also happens on Spigot)
    When they crash I can't even access SSH for 2 minutes, the entire server crashes. There's no problem when spigot isn't running on the server. I also tried vultr's servers, the result was the same.

I tried uninstalling plugins, removing worlds, optimizing settings, everything. Nothing solved the problem and at this point I think it is directly related to my system. Which java version/os do you guys use and how did you install your server?

2. I believe the party plugin you are using is causing the server to hang when trying to save the parties, causing all of that.

Try removing or swapping it out for another party plugin, if it still crashes, send another dump log

3. It doesn't always show up in logs, whatever plugin that does anything at the time of crash shows in error log. Tried removing almost every plugin including that one.

4. Could you send the crash log?

5. There is no crash logs being created, just the server stops responding and spigot kills the process. Installing Java 11 (had 8) seemingly solved the problem, almost 30 hours and no crashes yet.

6. Must be that the plugin was built on Java 11 instead of 8, hopefully it doesn't crash again :)