Suggestion Minecraft Maps

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by saphiria, Jun 14, 2016.

1. saphiria

Artist

Hey,
    So, is it possible to upload Minecraft maps as free resources? Again, as free resources not paid.

I personally am against the idea of selling maps, but offering them for free shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Thanks,
    Saphiria

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, we have established places for that (planetminecraft for example)
    I think that spigot is a place for server owners and developers. I don't think that we have many map makers in our community that would/could use such a section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. saphiria

Artist

Exactly, many server owners that might want to pay for a custom maps. Eh, we don't need a section for it. The "Other" or "Standalone" one will do.

4. But that's ignoring the fact that this is mainly a Developer/Owner Forum, if you want a free map then you can get 100's just by googling "Free Minecraft Lobby Map" and you get plenty of results.

5. saphiria

Artist

This is also a site where builders offer their services. I know Spigot is not a market place, which is why it would be FREE. I made a nice map, I do not see why I cannot offer it to this amazing community for FREE. Why add you against it? Your right, it's a server owner forum, and not all of them want to pay for maps.

6. MCM to upload maps?

MCM Features all that, and it's not suprising that in the long run Spigot is 100x better.

7. MineCove

Patron

A listing for schematics would be pretty cool too

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Make a plugin that just loads the world file xD (if you dont know how to code that simple thing just ask a random person on this forums, bet he can supply you with the answer)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1