Minecraft Server start.sh

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by MrLizard, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Ok, so we had a developer who made a start.sh for our servers. We recently had to reset our machine. But not it doesn't work.

Code (Text):
    ionice -c1 -n0 nice -n -10 /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_17/bin/java -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/lib/amd64 -d64 -server -XX:+UseG1GC -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xnoclassgc -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseThreadPriorities -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar custom.jar
    When I run it, i get this:
    Code (Text):
    [email protected]:/home/mcservers/Bungee# ./start.sh
    nice: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_17/bin/java: No such file or directory

I have java installed.
    Can someone edit this to work? I'm currently fully updated on Ubuntu 13.10. Also, is this really needed?

2. Just use

java -XmxSOMENUMBERG -XmsSOMENUMBERG spigot.jar

you really don't need all these flags.

3. Dead-i

Wiki Team

The error says it cannot find /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_17/bin/java, probably because you reinstalled Java and it installed to a different place. You could simply replace that occurrence in the start script with just "java", or run "whereis java" to find the path where Java is installed.

Though, what @Kouki is still correct - the majority of that start script is very unnecessary. :)

4. ok, wasn't sure, let me test this, and I'll get back real quick

5. Your developer is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Aren't you the guy who wanted to colocate his servers and start a hosting company..?
    LOL

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. yeah... He's gone now anyway

8. I was, not anymore though. I put the plan through my cranium a few times.

9. I fully support your decision not to do it. Fully.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 5
  10. Mhh, don't I have to put how much RAM? or if I don't specify it It will just use however much it needs

11. Shouldn't it be able to use how much it needs? Just try running without flags, seriously.

12. well that's what I was asking