Mini Mobs Question

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by dyenxunit, Jul 9, 2015.

1. I was wondering if this is even possible to code a miniature version of a mob because i saw this on a server that i played on. If it is how does one do this like using armor stands and packets ?

MiniMob.png

2. That is amazing :eek:

And I really can't think of a way where you can shrink the mob. I know you can shrink their hitbox but not the actual mob model. Idk. It might just be a retextured slime or pig or something. I don't really know.

3. Yea i was confused when i first saw it too. so i was wondering on how to replicate it and release it to the public because this is really cool

4. Would you mind hitting F3 + B to show the hit box to us?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I cannot find it on the server any more

6. I found it on Mineplex! :D
    I even got it in f3+b mode.

[​IMG]

The hitbox is sort of narrow and tall. Maybe it's a Wither with a narrowed hitbox and it causes the mob model to shrink also?

7. I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere, but it was with redstone. When you summon a Wither, you can set it's "TicksLived". If you set this to a certain number you can change the size. It's because the wither starts growing when you spawn it. (Before it explodes) If you turns out up-side-down you can simply name it dinnerbone. You can use it to make a HUGE wither or a small one like that.

8. Just found the command to spawn a huge wither, so playing around with it hopefully gets you somewhere.
    Code (Text):
    /summon WitherBoss ~ ~ ~ {Invul:25000,CustomName:Grumm}

9. /summon WitherBoss ~ ~ ~ {Invul:800} makes it super small

Grumm or Dinnerbone is only needed for the huge ones.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]Well oops :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Does anyone know what setTicksLived() do i need to make it mini ? i tried 800 & also 5999 and it doesnt work

#11 dyenxunit, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  12. Has nothing to do with ticks lived, but the current invulnerability ticks. Pretty sure you'll have to extend the nms entity and handle it yourself.

13. Do you know where I can find a tutorial or some class that I can use for this?

14. Try something like:

Code (Text):
    net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.Entity nmsEntity = ((CraftEntity) entity).getHandle();

NBTTagCompound tag = new NBTTagCompound();

nmsEntity.c(tag);

tag.setInt("Invul", 800);

EntityWither wither = (EntityWither) nmsEntity;
    wither.a(tag);

15. Thank you I will try this out :)

16. If you get it working please let me know :)