Minigame Network

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by LiLChris, Apr 21, 2013.

1. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

So lately I have been looking for a server to possibly connect to that doesn't conflict with each other.
    Hasn't been easy, most people either have a Factions/Towny server and having 2 of those in the same network doesn't seem right.

Also some seem to be scared of the outcome of players leaving to the other server for X and Y reasons.
    Instead of words I used my awesome artistic paint skills to draw this plan up.

[​IMG]

This method will keep all your players on your own network and won't get mixed in.
    For what ever reason this doesn't work neither party will lose anything as players will still connect to your network no matter what.

Hosting?
    Good question, that must be discussed between both parties.

Donations?
    I am sure that is on your mind as most owners, if we wanted to make any income from the Minigame server we can make a new Buycraft account that has no link/info of other servers.
    Then split the income evenly between servers or how many decide to partake in this.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please reply.

Hope this gives others ideas in expanding. :)
    This does not have to be with me if anyone replies and wants to join in on the fun just list some info to make it easier.

This is not a merge!

Taxes & Income questions can go here

#1 LiLChris, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

I'd be interested, however am already nearing completion of starting up my Mini-Games server.
    You could use Transporter to do a one way gate to the MiniGames server, meaning once they enter that server, there is no way back through.

3. I might be interested, can you produce me some more info ( your traffic, players on peaktime, players during week, most players on, and ip )

• Like Like x 1
  4. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Good job filing taxes when you have two players that are most likely underage and cannot legally own a paypal.

5. LiLChris

Retired

What? o_O

6. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

You didnt know that you need to file taxes when you earn money from paypal? You didnt know both party members have to be over 18 years of age?

7. joehot200

Supporter

LiLChris So it will be a minigames server? i am interested :D

8. LiLChris

Retired

You must be in the wrong thread or forum, if you want to discuss taxes or Paypal I suggest you create a new thread and post facts so everyone can read them.

Thank you. :)

9. I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. joehot200

Supporter

Then start to 'get it' ;)

He means, a minigame server for everyone to use.
    e.g. i could say on my server "come to minigames, just type /server mini!", my players would join the minigames, but i myself would not lose any playerbase.

11. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

You wanted to create another buycraft account and paypal.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donations?
    I am sure that is on your mind as most owners, if we wanted to make any income from the Minigame server we can make a new Buycraft account that has no link/info of other servers.
    Then split the income evenly between servers or how many decide to partake in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good luck reporting your earnings when you have multiple people sharing money from one Paypal. That's why I wouldn't do this; such a large margin for error. Both parties could be talking to the IRS if one doesn't fulfill their duties.

12. LiLChris

Retired

1. Buycraft has the ability for more than 1 user on an account.
    2. Never said anything about sharing a Paypal.
    3. If this server makes that much money that it needs to be reported by taxes than fine, will do so if it comes to that point.

Considering I have a whole other year before that happens I do not need to think about that now, also I am not under the age of 18 like some here (you according to your profile).
    So no, this will not be a problem for me.

If you want to thread crap on people trying to expand with an amazing software like Bungeecord, then continue to do exactly what your doing.
    This was a thread for others (including myself) to join in an idea that may help each other, I am sorry you feel the need to do what your doing.

13. Should try to get someone to create a /return plugin for bungee (if it doesn't exist), so users can return to their original server.

14. LiLChris

Retired

Read below, wouldn't need to do that.

I Googled for your server, I think I found the right one and you seem to be in the UK.
    Sorta forgot to put that in the OP, it would need both networks to be a bit closer.

joehot200 also has a server on that side, maybe you guys can work something together.
    If you do, I would love to visit and see the outcome.

I have this with a friend already, we share my Kitpvp server. Nobody on his server knows it's mine and none of my players know his server joins us to play. ;)
    Wouldn't need /return, as a Janus portal will do just fine, when either player goes through the [hub] server it will take you to your hub server.

Worse case:
    If 1 is named hub and other lobby, then just hide 2 signs in the back of the portal and it will work correctly.
    Which is what we had to do since his main server is /towny and my main server is /hub.

Been running it for over a month now, which is why I got this idea.

#15 LiLChris, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

Im not thread "craping." I'm legitimately stating things that could be a severe problem. You said you could make another BuyCraft account not linked to any of the servers. That would involve getting a new Paypal. These are serious problems that cannot be taken frivolously.

Also, there is not amount you need to earn to report taxes. You need to report them no matter what amount. Paypal does state that you need to receive 20k + 200 payments, but that isn't something you should follow. If the IRS were to find out you were making 10k and received 50 payments, they would come after you. That would result in you paying heavy fees that would shut your server down.

I'm trying to protect you and your future partner from disaster. Make sure you purchase an LLC so you and your partner are protected and please, don't "share" money. Shared money is the hardest money to report online. Create a business paypal and link both of your bank accounts to it. Create it under the LLC you purchased. Just make sure you trust this person 100%. Call them, literally fly out and meat them, you don't want to end up fighting lawsuits or the IRS.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. LiLChris

Retired

17. jtaylor69

Retired

As far as I know, for the UK it is £7000 before you are taxed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. jtaylor69

Retired

The server is hosted in France just to let you know, however I am from the UK and it was originally intended for UK players, until the Americans got hold of it :p

19. In Australia the tax threshold is 18.2k$ a year, or 12.2k£.