Mirroring Ranks Between Servers

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Nebula111, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just wondering how everyone mirrors ranks between servers. I am currently using groupmanager and mirror the users.yml to all my servers from the hub server; however it requires a restart to take effect. Does anyone have any suggestions to have an immediate effect on all servers. I would prefer not to have to switch permissions plugins and rewrite them all if possible.

Update: Ok my problem continues to happen. Ever since I set it up to copy ranks from the hub server user file, then to /manload them. About once every 1-2 days the users.yml file will get reverted or messed up, screwing them all up. Now could someone who uses this method explain exactly how they do so; because maybe I am doing part wrong. Or could someone with a different method (using groupmanager) tell me theres.
    Thanks

#1 Nebula111, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Bestle

Patron

Switch to an SQL based system.

3. As far as I know Groupmanager does not support SQL. Any other suggestions? If not can you recommend an alternative plugin that does?

4. Permissinsex also i belive zpernissions has sql

5. There is something called group manager enterprise edition.

6. joehot200

Supporter

Force every server to /manload every 10 mins. Then you wont need a restart.

7. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

I tried many different ways to get this to work, and I finally found my method... I have used GroupManager for over a year now, and I didn't want to switch, but once we started using BungeeCord and had more than one server, mirroring ranks became a MUST.

So after messing around with all sorts of methods, I simply settled on using rsync to mirror my users.yml files. This of course works best if you are running a dedicated server and have access to this sort of thing. I would setup a script that I run in crontab that would rsync my lobby users.yml with my survival, pvp, skyblock, and creative servers. Then I have another script that would either /manload or /mansave force the server every few minutes to update ranks.

After that, we just handle all our rank changes/upgrades in the lobby, and it automatically takes it from there. If you aren't running a dedicated server, this may not be possible to do though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If group manager is flatfile, symlink your permission folders

9. PEX is horrible. Use it and end with a broken server.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
  10. Well. My and alot of other servers should have been broken years ago then.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. I say once again, it's horrible. Everyone who can code must agree.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. Yeah I have the script syncing the files. Ill try the /manload. Thanks guys!

13. How would I go about Mirroring rank via SQL?

14. I use a system to sync all 5 of my servers and my forums together using the plugin community bridge, that way people register on the forums and they get a member rank or such, on all servers, then if someone gets demoted as admin, I simply use a command and they are stripped of all power everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The plugin I use: zPermissions.
    The whole permissions plugin is designed from the ground up to use an SQL database (with flatfile as extra), so I simply have a MySQL database and all the servers connect to that.
    For performance reasons it caches all ranks and perms on load, but it can be set to auto refresh every X seconds in the config.
    Very lightweight and easy to use plugin, with full prefix/suffix/metadata support. (chat plugin needed, like all other perms plugins)
    Also would make it easier for website integration, since you simply have PHP scripts edit the database.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. /manload will work well for a while, however lately it seems to be giving out errors and possibly messing up the users.yml file.
    Code (Text):
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO ... 8 more
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.onCommand(GroupManager.java:419)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:413)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:481)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:240)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.ar(DedicatedServer.java:275)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:516)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:527)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:190)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'manload' in plugin GroupManager v2.0.122 (Phoenix)
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] WARNING Unexpected exception while parsing console command "manload"
    31.07 14:58:00 [Server] INFO manload

17. This is what I get when the server runs the command (or me)

Code (Text):
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - Bukkit Permissions Updated!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO All settings and worlds were reloaded!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager version 2.0 (2.11.1) (Phoenix) is enabled!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - Backups will be retained for 24 hours!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is set for every 10 minutes!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - World Found: wild
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - World Found: smp
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] SEVERE GroupManager - SEVERE - Missing or corrupt 'allow_commandblocks' node. Using default settings
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager version 2.0 (2.11.1) (Phoenix) is disabled!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is disabled!
    31.07 15:32:00 [Server] INFO manload
    31.07 15:32:00 [Multicraft] Server ran command manload

18. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Ever thought about fixing that severe notice...?

Or is it just me that can't stand one error in any of my configs ._.

19. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

You're missing a new part of the config. Grab it from their build Server or start the plugin up on a new server and copy and paste the command blocks section and paste into the broken configuration.
    I recommend doing this immediately.

20. I did it. Im hoping this caused the problem I was having??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.