Solved Mix Armorstands to create an entity problem

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by RestrictedPower, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hey guys im currently working on a plugin in which i create something like Hypixel's companions (i do this just to try my skills).. I actually want the mob to react like a wolf so i setted the armorstand as the wolve's passenger which i think is the best solution because the armorstand keeps the same angle as the wolf. Is there a way to put more passengers on the wolf or another way to do this?

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

try stacking your armorstands. first one is riding the wolf, second one is riding the first one and so on

3. There is only place for one passanger for each entity.
    Stacking them up is the best option.

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

5. MiniDigger

Supporter

you can always use the nms code while developing spigot plugins

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Okay but I have to stack more than 10 armorstands and the final heigh is huge... I want them to be at the same height... Any suggestions?

7. Well, as already mentioned entities can have multiple passengers since 1.9, so your solution might look similar to that: (Requires NMS)

Code (Text):

Wolf yourwolf;
    EntityWolf entityWolf = ((CraftWolf)yourwolf).getHandle();
    entityWolf.passengers.add(firstarmorstand);
    entityWolf.passengers.add(secondarmorstand);

8. That's nice but what about 1.8? :?

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

what about updating to the latest version? 1.8 is unsupported ;)

10. ohh.. ok thank you guys :)

11. The way Hypixel does it is by teleporting the armorstands as they move. It obviously doesn't use 1.9's multiple-passengers feature, as the server is still on 1.8. Sending movement updates via packets would probably make for the smoothest animation/movement.