Spigot MobArena 0.106

Become a mob-fighting gladiator!

1. very weird. I downloaded the most recent one today and it worked, so I'm sorry about that. Thanks so much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I'm glad to hear that you got it working! :) I hope you can get back to having fun with your arenas now. Feel free to come showcase your arenas on the MobArena Discord :)

3. Hello, I'm running MobArena on 1.16 and it showed me this error: https://pastebin.com/4vu6ZQBj

However, except that, MobArena still works.

I think there will be problem with pigman changing its name to zombified piglin

4. Update your Spigot build. It's a bug in the early builds.

5. Console

21:44:10
    java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "com.garbagemule.MobArena.events.ArenaPlayerJoinEvent.<init>(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Lcom/garbagemule/MobArena/framework/Arena;)V" the class loader (instance of org/bukkit/plugin/java/PluginClassLoader) of the current class, com/garbagemule/MobArena/ArenaImpl, and the class loader (instance of org/bukkit/plugin/java/PluginClassLoader) for the method's defining class, com/garbagemule/MobArena/events/ArenaPlayerJoinEvent, have different Class objects for the type com/garbagemule/MobArena/framework/Arena used in the signature
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaImpl.playerJoin(ArenaImpl.java:660) ~[?:?]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.InvokesSignAction.lambda$invoke$0(InvokesSignAction.java:36) ~[?:?]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.InvokesSignAction.withArena(InvokesSignAction.java:57) ~[?:?]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.InvokesSignAction.invoke(InvokesSignAction.java:33) ~[?:?]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.HandlesSignClicks.lambda$purgeAndInvoke$2(HandlesSignClicks.java:47) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.HashMap.computeIfAbsent(HashMap.java:1126) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.HandlesSignClicks.purgeAndInvoke(HandlesSignClicks.java:46) ~[?:?]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.HandlesSignClicks.lambda$on$0(HandlesSignClicks.java:39) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:159) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.signs.HandlesSignClicks.on(HandlesSignClicks.java:39) ~[?:?]
    at com.destroystokyo.paper.event.executor.MethodHandleEventExecutor.execute(MethodHandleEventExecutor.java:37) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:80) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:70) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:545) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_14_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:454) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:443) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1361) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:27) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:5) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils.lambda$ensureMainThread$0(PlayerConnectionUtils.java:23) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.TickTask.run(SourceFile:18) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.IAsyncTaskHandler.executeTask(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:136) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.IAsyncTaskHandlerReentrant.executeTask(SourceFile:23) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.IAsyncTaskHandler.executeNext(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:109) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.MinecraftServer.aX(MinecraftServer.java:1029) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.MinecraftServer.executeNext(MinecraftServer.java:1022) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.IAsyncTaskHandler.executeAll(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:95) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:1158) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:925) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-243]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]

6. @robi Don't load the plugin while the server is running. Always stop your server before you install, uninstall, or update plugins.

7. Ok, i will try now to do it :)

8. Working ♥

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm having problems with bosses despawning before the players get to kill them they get to like half health and then poof their gone and next wave starts. anyone know if im doing something wrong. playing on the latest 1.16.2

10. @garbagemule First off thank you a great plugin! I've been using this for years! But I'm updating my server to 1.16.1 and see something I can find on the wiki. The setup and play works fine, its the waves and rewards. I'm getting &id174 in the waves and rewards?

New Config - https://pastebin.com/gBE32h2g

Old Config - https://pastebin.com/B2HAbVY7

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. @BobbyTowers Thank you for the kind words :) I think the issue here has to do with MobArena internally reusing some default waves and default rewards. It's a YAML "feature" that aims to replace sections with references to sections. When you see &id174, it means that is a named section, and *id174 references that section. So you could just manually replace all instances of *id174 with whatever is in the section below &id174. It's not necessarily a problem per se, just something you'll have to keep in mind if you change the content of the &id174 node. That was a little longwinded and rambly, but I hope it makes sense. If not, feel free to hop on Discord for a chat about it :)

12. @garbagemule I'm have a problem with grilled_pork and cooked_fish:2
    in drops. Also piglin_brute doesn't work as a boss.

supply1:
    type: supply
    wave: 19
    monsters:
    cows: 10
    pigs: 5
    drops: grilled_pork, cooked_chicken, cooked_beef, cooked_fish:2

Error in console - https://pastebin.com/PqKEDLTd

#532 BobbyTowers, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  13. @BobbyTowers make sure to check the Material enum linked in the wiki. It's probably just because cooked_pork and grilled_pork don't exist and the item is called something else. I think it's something something porkchop. The fish also got renamed at some point. Not sure what it's called now though. Salmon maybe?

14. I got it! What about the mobs?

15. Is it possible to have a global cooldown after each fight? To say only allow it to happen every hour or have set times like 12:00 14:00 16:00 etc that the arena will be open and joinable?

16. What do you mean about "doesn't work"?

17. You should be able to set that up with a "cron"-like plugin that runs commands on a schedule. Just run /ma disable and /ma enable :)

18. It shows something like unknown entity/boss in the console when trying to spawn it.

19. I just tried spawning a piglin-brute in a default wave on a Spigot 1.16.3 server and it works fine.

20. Thanks for the reply! Disabling the arena doesn't end the current fight going on right?