Spigot MobHunting 8.0.6

Earn Money and get Skulls by killing Mobs and Players

1. Called sarcasm ;) I just had to. But "Issues != Tickets".

2. FYI; Please reduce the update schedule, checking for updates every 2 hours isn't necessary and a complete overkill. More like once every three days, or when it starts, or at most, once per day.

The current interval is so frequent that you just end up having people turn the entire thing off :(

3. Multiple server members of mine have complained about a bunch of things relating to Mobhunting heads:
    • They cant take them off of their heads sometimes (re-logging sometimes helps this)
    • sometimes if they place them, they cant pick them back up (re-logging sometimes helps this)
    • The heads get stuck in hoppers and wont move out.
    How might i fix these?

paper-131 1.16.1
    Waterfall 368 (if the proxy even matters)
    Ubuntu MATE 18.04.3 LTS with Linux kernel 5.2.11 64 bit

#4143 stw222, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  4. Just out of curiosity, but if you're dealing with problems, debugging, updating jars etc. Why are you still running a version of paper that's, well, 20 versions old?

Paper do not perform any form of testing before they publish their teenage code. Waiting a few days before you update is usually a good idea, but staying to far behind is an even worse idea.

5. its only 4 versions behind. usually keep it at least within 5 versions
    the problems have been happening for a while, through many paper and mobhunting versions

[​IMG]
    EDIT: im dumb, realized 115 is the previous version, im using 131

#4145 stw222, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  6. You can change this in config.yml

7. You should turn off the warning regarding statistics collection. I don't want anything to be sent to bstats. I know its anonymous and I know you're the dev and I definitely support you but you're intentionally adding an extra 15 seconds to my server loading time which is unacceptable.

8. Hello guys, i have 2 questions.

I want to delete some of the specials achievements,
    ########################################################################
    # ### Specials ###
    # ########################################################################
    specials:
    charged_kill:
    money: 50.0
    commands: give {player} redstone 1

but after they are deleted, they come back again, i have tried put between other parameters instead of delete, but it doesnt work.
    I want to do that becouse the achievements page have many achievements that wont be done in early levels, and you will have your achievements page quite "dirty" during long time. ( it would be a way to order by name, or title, or id would be enought)

And second question, how do you see the rest of the achievements? there is no page 2,3?

Thanks

9. Set money to 0 and commands to '' (like the message)

10. Your the boss!
    The sound of the level up on achievement hunts, was reproduced in all the players, even with the avhievements broadcast false "
    # Broadcast messages will be send in the ActionBar if MobHunting finds a supported ActionBar plugin.
    use_actionbar_for_broadcasts: true
    # Should achievements be broadcasted?
    broadcast_achievement: false
    # Should the hunt begins achievement be broadcasted?
    broadcast_first_achievement: true "

Imagine when 10 players are in my server, thats going to be a perma fireworks sound XD
    [​IMG]

#4151 Espinete87, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  11. Guys and sir Rocologo, could you tell me why is not working?

[​IMG]

Im using:
    MC 1.15.2
    MobHunting 7.5.5
    Holographic Displays v2.4.2 ( the higher versions are for 1.16)
    PlaceholderAPI-2.10.9.jar

So i dont know what else to try. Please some help becouse im really interested to have this feature in my server, thats motivate to the players to kill more and play more active, to be the first in that leaderboard ;)

If that error cant be fixed, could you give me a idea how to achieve that in other ways?
    Thanks again!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. @Rocologo mobhunt 7.5.7 doesn't check the update server correctly and always prompts for an update even though its already updated.

13. [​IMG]
    I cannot seem to get the leaderboards or NPC Masters to work. The signs get created but nothing ever fills in.. the NPCs names are always NO KILLS. I go into Survival mode to kill. My other players are killing mobs but still nothing. When I run the command for top kills, its zero. I dont see anything special in config or in the help files on this page. I'm running 1.16.2 with updated paper. Any help or troubleshooting would be appreciated. Also, I'm only using sqlLite as local. We're getting money and bags of gold so I know the plugin is functioning. Yes, I also have Vault installed.

edit:
    /mh leaderboard create total_kills alltime true

Using this command on the sign exactly like the video shows. 1 3 3 3

I guess while i'm here, I'll just mention the 1.16 signs wont work for leaderboards or gold bag selling signs.

#4156 DeadeyeSkunk, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  14. Are you getting any rewards from mob kills etc?
    Maybe check your database that it's logging.
    You haven't blacklisted the world that you are using, have you?

15. As stated, yes, were getting bags of gold and heads. We're also getting the record of kills in /mh kills and special kills are working too. I've turned debug on and nothing special in the console.

16. Is there data in your database?

17. I dont have a data folder in the plugins folder. I didnt change the config, so t's just the sqllite with local.
    Is it located elsewhere? I'm not able to build a mySQL.

#4160 DeadeyeSkunk, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020