Solved Mobs won't spawn

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Alcoho1icJesus, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a paper 1.15 server with the following settings and plugins, mob eggs won't spawn mobs and neither will mob spawners. I can use /spawnmob but I can't figure out why eggs and spawners won't work

#Minecraft server properties
    #Mon Feb 10 05:00:14 UTC 2020
    spawn-protection=0
    max-tick-time=60000
    query.port=25578
    generator-settings=
    force-gamemode=false
    allow-nether=true
    enforce-whitelist=false
    gamemode=survival
    broadcast-console-to-ops=false
    enable-query=false
    player-idle-timeout=0
    difficulty=hard
    spawn-monsters=true
    broadcast-rcon-to-ops=false
    op-permission-level=4
    pvp=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    level-type=default
    hardcore=false
    enable-command-block=true
    max-players=100
    network-compression-threshold=256
    resource-pack-sha1=
    max-world-size=29999984
    function-permission-level=2
    rcon.port=25575
    server-port=25578
    debug=false
    server-ip=0.0.0.0
    spawn-npcs=true
    allow-flight=false
    level-name=world
    view-distance=10
    resource-pack=
    spawn-animals=true
    white-list=false
    rcon.password=
    generate-structures=true
    online-mode=true
    max-build-height=256
    level-seed=
    prevent-proxy-connections=false
    use-native-transport=true
    motd=A Minecraft Server
    enable-rcon=false

https://pastebin.com/d68AcZZD

Plugins (42): AdvancedPortals, ArmorStandTools, BuycraftX, ChestShop, CoreProtect, CrazyCrates, DiscordSRV, DisplayNameTablist*, Essentials, EssentialsAntiBuild, EssentialsChat, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsXMPP, FastAsyncWorldEdit, GriefPrevention, LuckPerms, LWC, Minepacks, ModReq*, Multiverse-Core, OpenInv, PhantomSMP, PlayerParticles, PlugMan, ProtocolLib, RFChairs, ServerSigns, SuperVanish, UltraCustomizer, Vault, ViaBackwards, ViaRewind, ViaVersion, VillageDefense, VotingPlugin, Wild, WorldBorder, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WorldGuardExtraFlags

Editted: Added Paper Config File

#1 Alcoho1icJesus, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. I would suggest checking out WorldGuard, WorldGuardExtraFlags plugins. Remove those two plugins and give it a try. Maybe worldguard is preventing the spawn of the mobs from eggs. Else everything in the config seems to be fine from my point of view.

Also check out multiverse-core worlds config, there is an option over there to disable mob spawning.

3. Tried deleting both. No change
    Also everything in MultiVerse that's related to mob-spawning is set to true

4. Hmm. Can't think of anything else which might have caused this issue. I hope someone else helps you out. Meanwhile you can check if it's working without any plugins and then add plugins one by one.

5. I already see a lot of plugins that shouldn't be there. You don't need Essentials AntiBuild nor EssentialsXMPP. You already have worldguard. You also don't need all those via plugins. Just stick to 1-2, not 3 or more. As for the mobs not spawning, any particular error it outputs when you can't spawn them in?

6. There's no error message, found out it also applies to all entities not just mobs. Including saplings and armor stands. Need the viaversion plugins, without all 3 of them people won't be able to join using 1.8. Ya I got rid of AntiBuild and XMPP, still not working

7. It was VillageDefense. Someone set up an arena incorrectly and it ended up setting the entire world as an arena which prevented spawns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.