Spigot Modern LWC - Continuation of LWC 2.1.5

An updated version of the LWC block protection plugin

1. To everyone leaving 1 star reviews: There's an actual human being behind this resource, not some kind of machine. We all have lives. We have jobs, we have family, we have things to do for fun in our spare time. Why don't you show some respect and do your best trying to move the plugin forward rather than posting sassy 1 star reviews? A 1 star review does A) not solve the issue, B) not even describe the issue to the detail where it can be fixed, and C) leaves a permanent bad mark ont he resource and someone's hard work.

Everyone who left a 1 star review because something wasn't working should be well ashamed of himself.

#1301 MrDienns, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. smmmadden

Benefactor

Great comments on an extremely well used and appreciated resource!! I too agree with the positive comments here and support has been nothing short of excellent all the years I've used it on all of my servers. Damage is done with the single star reviews - it's not fair and all those who post negative reviews without first trying to figure it out or ask for some advice first - good riddens! Remember that "the adults" here, truly appreciate the effort that goes into this and every resource that server owners use and depend on. Take some time off @Me_Goes_RAWR and relax, regroup and shake off the stress of this whole mess of 1.13. Being someone who watches all the updates that come out and keeping the spreadsheet current, I can honestly tell you that you are NOT alone in this battle and I can say everyone (developers) feel your pain.

As someone quoted that this maybe the graveyard edition for many developers who just don't want to or unable to put the effort into the migration, it will separate those who will, and those who will succeed as software engineers. I bow to you sir. Most of us will be here if/when you return with open arms. :) (y)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. If you go to "Version History" tab, you can select the one before the latest and download that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for all the hard work you've done, it is so sad to see people who go way beyond what is expected FOR FREE, beaten down by selfish, greedy idiots who just moan when something they have gotten for free, isn't the same as a contracted, bespoke developers work (odd..thats costs money doesn't it!)

There are a lot of us who really really appreciate those who take on these plugins, and manage to do what so many of us are unable to.

Not all of us are running those cracked, who gives a damn, grief-fest servers that come and go, or the 'fleece the players but pay for nothing' larger ones, and we are the ones who hope that you do take up the project in the autumn, and are happy with whatever you can develop :)

:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. There's not much I can add to what others have said, but I'm so grateful for you keeping LWC alive, and I'm sorry to hear that the stress was that bad. Hope you recover from it soon, and good luck in the future with whatever you do over the next few months.

6. TowelieDOH

Supporter

@Me_Goes_RAWR - Please let us know if we can help with anything.
    I'm not a dev, so I could help with something else, but I have a couple of devs in my gaming community, they are busy most of the time but I'm sure they'd help if you get stuck or just need help with something.

7. Well, If one of your dev wants to take over for a while, feel free. Ill make them a contributor on github so people can still get jenkins builds. Just tell them to MSG on github or here.

Also, Thank you everyone for the nice things. It really helps me and it making me wanna come back more and more. I just need to learn more about this developing and let my stress go down. Thanks all!

PS. 112 notifications over 24 hours O.O My inbox was lighting up xD

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I also appreciate you! I don't check Spigot frequently, but here's yet another server owner who's happy to have your work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd buy this plugin if you put it on premium, it's obviously important for a lot of servers. Maybe you just need some motivation to keep it going.

• Like Like x 2
  10. enterih

Patron

• Like Like x 1
  11. #1311 MrSpock78, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hey everyone, first off I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting Rawr in the discussion here. As a team we became fairly stuck and it seemed nobody wanted to help us fix the database, it is now clear that we were wrong. I am continuing this resource, along with the M.O.S.S. team (responsible for several popular plugins, for example, EssentialsX) and several people who have offered to help. If you fix the database issue, please make a PR to the (new) official repository at https://github.com/Tsuser1/Modern-LWC where it can be integrated and published for everyone to use. Regarding the Brokkonaut branch, this version has been heavily modified and we even asked if it would be worth backporting it to Modern LWC, it doesn't seem particularly promising however we are looking at it.

Again, thank you everyone for your support, if you want to help us fix the plugin please join us at https://github.com/Tsuser1/Modern-LWC.

• Winner Winner x 7
  13. That sounds very promising, best of luck to everybody that contributes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. @Tsuser good luck with this project :).

• Like Like x 2
  15. I am having a blah moment where I can't seem to figure out in the EntityLWC version I upgraded to earlier this year when it was still 1.x - how to auto protect shulker boxes? They have 16 colors, do i use their id number and then data value or will SHULKER_BOX or PURPLE_SHULKER_BOX on it's own do?

16. cowgod

Supporter

Code (Text):
            white_shulker_box:
                enabled: true
                autoRegister: private
            orange_shulker_box:
            magenta_shulker_box:
            light_blue_shulker_box:
            yellow_shulker_box:
            lime_shulker_box:
            pink_shulker_box:
            gray_shulker_box:
            silver_shulker_box:
            cyan_shulker_box:
            purple_shulker_box:
            blue_shulker_box:
            brown_shulker_box:
            green_shulker_box:
            red_shulker_box:
            black_shulker_box:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hmm.. that's what we had at first, I wonder why it stopped working.
    Thank you! (investigates further, at least what I had before I started testing should work).

18. Back, .. found out the problem *grumbles* .. all sorted now. Thank you all for the help! <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Does anyone know how allow players to lock villagers so that anyone can trade with them, but only the owner can damage them?

20. Can you create a Github gist with the change you made so I can implement it in the default configuration? Thanks!