Modify default world

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by DevCraft, May 8, 2017.

1. How to modify default world (level-name=world) with spigot without restarting the server?
    * The other world is already loaded

2. What is your goal with this? Are you trying to modify what is in the file? If so, Java can do this.

3. I think there may be a way to do this by hooking into Multiverse...

• Like Like x 1
  4. I want to reset the map or change it for another

5. Gaxan

Supporter

Delete the region files and change the level.dat. this however deletes all buildings as well.
    Deleting the region files will reset the map for regeneration to the original landscape. Deleting or changing the level.dat will allow you to create a new map.

6. Hey, Guys. @DevCraft is trying to replace the default world (unload, change files and load again) without restarting the server. That's what he is trying to mean.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gaxan

Supporter

I don't think that's possible without crashing the server or modifying spigot, but I could be wrong.

8. AFAIK there is no way to unload one of the default worlds (overworld, nether and end).

However, you can use multiverse to load/unload other worlds which _can_ be unloaded/deleted/replaced etc while the server is still running. You could write you own plugin to load/unload extra worlds in the same way multiverse does.