Mojang's Session Servers Time Out

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by TheKneeOfSnap, Mar 23, 2020.

1. I'm tearing out my hair.

Today my server was DDOSed.
    This was not the main problem though.
    After the DDOS, the Mojang authentication started timing out.
    I can get only around 70 players on my server before the login servers start timing out.
    I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything I can think of, which is not much.
    Players just cannot seem to login to the server.
    I don't know what to do. We have 250-400 players normally at this point, so this is a real big problem, and I've never encountered anything like this before.
    Thank you for your help.

2. Thats A Mojang Thing With The Server Authentication Unless You Have A Bungeecord Network Set Up Incorrectly Players (Hackers) Can Join With Any Username. If U Dont Have A Bungeecord This Its A Minecraft Thing. The DDOS Is Someing To Be Assessed With Your Hosting Provider To See If They Have DDos Protection. If Your Using The Server IP Actully To Give Out So People Can Join I Would Switch To A Domain Like My Server You Join With play.magicaluniverse.org

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. This is definitely not the problem, I know full well how this works, and we have multiple protections against this including iptables and IP checks on player login.

We managed to resolve the issue by just moving BungeeCord to a different machine. It seems like we somehow triggered some extra-strict rate limiting rules by the Mojang API or something, and switching to a new box which wasn't affected seemed to do the trick.

4. Alright glad you got it fixed. Sorry I wasnt able to help much