Monitoring System

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Remy2402, May 22, 2016.

1. Heyo!

As a very, very, very long term project for my network, I would like to make a management panel where punishments, chat logs, commands logs and more can be managed from but I also want to build in a server monitoring/control system. I already have most of it worked out but I am not sure how to go about making the monitoring system. What technologies to use, languages etc.

Here is what I would like the system to do:
    • Live Graphs of online count, uptime and memory usage of the bungeecord and the current status of the proxy
    • Same live graphs for each server's online count, memory usage, TPS and the status of these servers
    • Remote control to restart, stop and start servers.
    • (not important but would be nice) if I could access the console of the servers.
    • A list of all players and what server they are currently playing on.
    That should be it. I know it's a lot but as I said, it's a very long term project. Once again, I would just like help on recommendations on what technologies to use and programming languages to do this in. I would like to be able to keep the page open and (hopefully) not ever have to refresh the page.

2. FormallyMyles

Supporter

Really depends on what programming languages you know.

I'll give you some examples of how you could do this:

Stats

You could have a Redis backend on your server written in java reporting the stats. Then use something like node.js and socket.io to deliver live stats.

You could write it all in Spring on the backend of the server and use web sockets. (Java)

Start / Stop etc
    Write a wrapper for the process, this could be in any language, you could have this interface the console or use the above.

Another thought is, why write all this when people have done similar, build a service that links it together. Things like PufferPanel have an API which you could just interface, much simpler but hey that's the easy method.

3. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll give this a quick bump to see if anyone else has some ideas.

P.S: Love your ViaVersion plugin <3

• Like Like x 1