Most popular voting sites?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by YourDad50, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. does anyone know which voting sites are the most popular?

currently my players vote for minecraftservers.org, minecraftservers.net and planetminecraft.

2. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

A bunch of them are popular, but it highly depends how far up you go in the list so people actually see your server.

I've used Minestatus & PMC, as I can at least get to the top 75 in ranking.
    If I were to try minecraftservers.org it would be in the 200 range for some reason everyone on that site has a plethora more votes than I can imagine. :p

3. Im #6 on Minecraftservers.org :)

4. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Then you have nothing to worry about, that is probably the most popular one.
    By far the most expensive if you want a premium slot, costing $5,000.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. joehot200

Supporter

My personal opinion is that no voting sites are worth it - so i dont bother to go to the effort. I dont care how many members i have as long as the server is fun for all of them :).

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Atleast we try and get players legitimately, unlikely to those server owners who pay $5000 just for players that are more likely to quit after being on for 10 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I have had great success with getting players from PMC. When I bump my server I usually get about 20 people joining in the first five minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. and they all go within 30mins? xD

9. I have gained almost all of my playerbase from PMC. I don't really think that just because players come from PMC, that they are automatically bad players. It is just like any other voting website, but smaller servers can actually have a chance to gain exposure, unlike some of the other voting websites. PMC has really helped smaller servers and it is a great start for a smaller server trying to become popular.

• Like Like x 3
  10. joehot200

Supporter

I agree with @BigDrewBurt, Without sites like PMC/Mineshafter where you can bump stuff, the small servers would stay small, and only the big servers would get exposure.

11. All servers start small.

You might say Hypixel's server got huge instantly, but why? Because he's Hypixel! He has put a lot of work into making adventure maps and has built a huge subscriber base. Without that, his server would be small. None of us have made amazing maps like him, so we don't deserve to be able to fill up a server so fast. No server starts and gets big instantly without some other factor of work being put in. (Ex. factors: money, a guy like Hypixel, or just a lot of extraordinary effort...and maybe some skill :p)

#11 treestompz, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Favorlock

Sponsor

Lol, memories. Mineshafter was the first thing to introduce me to the joy of Minecraft.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I bought a slot last month...there is nothing illegitimate about that. ur logic r no logics.

You're #6 on the front page...so my server that is only several slots above you is only going to get players that quit after 10 minutes? What if they use their scroll wheel and then look at your server :O

15. Wazez

Patron

I don't understand how http://minecraft-server-list.com/ works.
    Are their rankings based on which server pays/bids the most? Or is it based on which server has the most votes?
    I removed my server from their list because although I was in the top 5 servers for the most votes, my server was still not on their homepage.

Then, when I logged in to check, I saw that the homepage was full of servers in order of $$ (I assume the amount they paid/bid from highest to lowest). And many, had little to no votes at all.
    Then I checked several pages later, and could see the list starting from the servers with the top votes, going down.

This is only an observation, correct me if I'm wrong.
    If my observation turns out to be true, than http://minecraft-server-list.com/ is a damn rich server list.

16. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

The main page is sorted by amount of accumulated money that server has paid.

But when you sort by category, it is sorted via votes and that category. Here is a biased example: http://minecraft-server-list.com/sort/Whitelist/

Note the awesome #1 ranks server there, they have not paid anything. It's just based on voting :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wazez

Patron

Yes, I know that there are also rankings via sub categories.
    But when users head to that website, they see the front page in order from the servers that have paid the most.

18. I'd wager that no one is going to keep spending a couple grand on a wasted venture. If they're routinely dropping that kind of cash, it must be paying off.

19. Its tje same players looking for servers on the same site. I dont understand why they would stay on a server with votes and not one thatpays for it. I think its more abot the server than the players

20. This post is from 2013.... I had to google what the spigot disagree option was from rating higher up..

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.