Most retarded plugin in my server :D

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by RetroCola, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Well i lately got a plugin coded by my friend. What the plugin does is really simpple. The plugin it self is kinda a "Ban roulette" If a player yells #YOLO in chat the user has 40% chance that he get's banned for x amount of time :) This has created a "I dare you to yell #YOLO" in chat. Players are making bets that if you the user get's banned or not. Made the chat a bit more "interesting" place again (for a while) but what's your opinion in this useless plugin?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I think I have seen plugins like this with more features than just ban.
    Rollthedice I believe it was called or something similar to that.

3. Jigsaw

Supporter

If people find it fun then I don't think you should call it "useless". :p Nothing wrong with having a little fun once in awhile.

4. Say it on my server and you die instantly :p

5. Puremin0rez

Not a plugin by itself, but using HeroChat filters I've made a witty replacement for almost every troll remark.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

Almost unrelated, but I had a friend who developed a plugin that crashed people's clients with simple commands. It was pretty funny AND useful because it could be used for annoying players, and as an action when players cheat (EX: Fly hack, crash).

7. jeff142

Benefactor

I could see a lot of good uses for this.

8. Id like to have that.

9. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

The plugin in question is now on BukkitDev
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/cruelty/

Not written by me, but by my friend.

EDIT: The crashing features have been removed (mbaxter loves party pooping). But you can still get them from compiling on GitHub and changing a variable in the cruelty class.

#9 SuperSpyTX, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. My friend had this too, you could fix it by adding a try statement at the gameloop method of the client.

11. These sound hilarious.

12. Puremin0rez

Cruelty sounds awesome, going to have to compile it myself though for the nasty features. There are plenty of trolls that I can troll back with that kind of crap :)

13. Its too easy.

player.playEffect(player.getLocation(), Effect.STEP_SOUND, 373);

I made a plugin already almost a year ago.

14. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

If there are any issues with Cruelty, tell me about it and I can tell my friend to fix them.

15. Agreed :D

16. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

Oh yeah, you can download the crashing features from the GitHub repository's dist folder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Do you just right click the the .jar file and save it? If so, that's not working for me. Can't start it up on my testing server and WinRAR says that the file might be corrupt when I try to open it.

18. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wolflink289

Supporter

That is beyond a horrible idea. Although people may think a try statement is a magic "perfect crash fix", it is definitely not. When the exception crashing the client is thrown, it keeps going up the stack until it finds a suitable try-catch statement to handle it. Even though the exception is handled it appears that everything is perfect, all the actions that would typically occur are skipped. For example, entities may not update properly or packets may not be processed.

#19 Wolflink289, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013