Multicraft Installation

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by ItsTheGuv, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, does anyone have a tutorial on how to install Multicraft on a Ubuntu server 14.04 OS? I have tried a few tutorials and they don't seem to work.

2. What's the error? It's on the Multicraft documentation page under installation

3. Each time it's some new error. I have been tryinf for about 5 hours. My latest one was that it couldn't initialize the database. The 2nd time I was on the last step but it couldn't find the directory. I honestly can't remember.

https://gyazo.com/e04a81f1c4e7a4eb7822d3e3f38a1356

#3 ItsTheGuv, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  4. You need to select the "Initialize Database" button.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yeah it doesn't work... it just makes me press it over and over again

6. Because you keep putting a password in. Don't do that after you click save.

7. Getting a new error
    "
    Authentication failed (code: incorrect authorization)"

Why is it a pain the a** to set this fricken thing up?!

8. Most likely doing something wrong. Personally never had an issue installing Multicraft using the installation guide.

9. I have read and watched 5 different things. I followed them carefully and I have had someone else try and install it as well. Some new error comes about.

10. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Authentication failed? Is this the daemon error? Did you set a daemon password but not set it in the daemon config? Your issues stem from incorrect installation.

11. ISSUE(S) RESOLVED

I didn't set the password in "protected/config/config.php", I couldn't find it but now I have and set the password and it works fine. Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Make sure you restrict public access to that directory in your webserver configuration if you haven't already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.