Multicraft Panel Permissions Issue

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by dwilson5817, May 11, 2016.

1. Hi,

I'm setting up Multicraft on a new box I got, the panel will be running from this machine. The following directives are in the related .conf file;

Code (Text):

user minersre
    group ww-data

I have a user created per site hosted, this allow for things like FTP access to be easier, since my server's website is minersrealm.net, the respective user is minersre, hence the (slightly) bizarre name.

However, this actually throws an error which all file within the /var/www/minersrealm.net are chowned with the following command;

Code (Text):

chown -R minersre:www-data /var/www/minersrealm.net

The error is below;

Code (Text):

[Wed May 11 11:48:02.025351 2016] [:error] [pid 3780] [client 109.146.160.142:57489] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'CException' with message 'Application runtime path "/var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process.' in /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php:294
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php(281): CApplication->setRuntimePath('/var/www/miners...')
    #1 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CStatePersister.php(65): CApplication->getRuntimePath()
    #2 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CModule.php(394): CStatePersister->init()
    #3 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php(486): CModule->getComponent('statePersister')
    #4 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php(688): CApplication->getStatePersister()
    #5 /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php(629): CApplication->loadGlobalState()
    #6 /var/ in /var/www/minersrealm.net/panel/public/protected/yii/base/CApplication.php on line 294

This is obviously a permissions error, and using minersre:minersre results in a 403 Forbidden error. It is also essential minersre:www-data is used as RoundCube can be accessed by an site and hence must be owned by the www-data group.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. JamesJ

Supporter

The problem is that you're using Multicrap.

Think about it: do you really need to use it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi have you ever post this in multicraft forum ? (sorry for my bad english i'm french)

4. Not really, just personal preference to be honest, I feel it makes the process that bit easier and I have a license so I might as well us it :)

There isn't a Multicraft forum as far as I am aware.

5. The problem is you're using Multicrap.

6. I've already stated it's personal preference, I wish to continue using it.

7. PHP and apache are using www-data:www-data for writing data on the disk of your system.