Multiple lines in the bukkit.yml white-list message.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by AdamJonesay, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Hello Spigot community members!

I'm playing around with Spigot and trying to find a way to use multiple lines in the whitelist-message option in the bukkit.yml.
    Currently, I have the following.

Code (Text):

whitelist-message:
      - '§cYou have connected through the wrong server IP or §6GoldenAp.pl§c is down! §4:C'
      - '§cIf you are not using §6GoldenAp.pl to connect to this server, you need to be using that.'

I have also tried using \n which also did not work.

Thanks to whoever replies!
    Adam Jones

2. Puremin0rez

Don't think its possible currently, best guess would be \n but I guess that doesn't work.

3. I figured out my problem was that § isn't working in the yml currently, but the way Spigot relays the messages without the § is like [Derp derp, derp derp]

4. When I was reading your code, I noticed you made it so players cannot connect if the player is already online, this may cause a problem for your players that may have shit connections, because they might DC and not be able to join because of the timeout for the player to be disconnected.

EDIT: Also, thanks for showing that. I'm trying to find a way to do this without plugins (trying to make a shitty server just to make it say "Derp herp")

5. Thanks, removing this was on my ToDo list but I totally forgot it :p