Multiple Proxy Servers?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by vPixelZ, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to connect for example multiple bungeecord proxies on diffrent locations.
    For example:

Proxy1: located in north america
    Proxy2: located in france

Now, depending on the players location the player will automaticly connect through the proxy that has a better ping for the specific player. But at the end, I want that players on the proxy1 and proxy2 play together.
    I'd like to know this because this would mean that I could have lots and lots more players play on the server with a better ping.

If you know how to do this please explain.

2. I too would like to do this, so an answer in this thread would be appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  3. You could have
    na.yourdomain.com -> North America Bungee
    fr.yourdomain.com -> France Bungee

mc.yourdomain.com -> Most popular bungee

4. if the backend servers are located in one place, does the bungee ping matter than much?

maybe
    eu.yourdomain.com
    us.yourdomain.com
    But thats not ideal

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I want the process to be automated though. So that if players connect to mc.yourdomain.com they get connected to the proxy with the better connection. So a NA player would be automatically connected to the na.yourdomain.com bungee and a european player to the fr.yourdomain.com bungee.

6. You would need something that is at dns level.
    For the multiple proxies, get RedisBungee (you will need a Redis server)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. What DNS record type would we need to use? I've heard about round robin DNS or something, but not sure what it does.

8. Afaik that only connects you to a random ip in a list.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. It's possible with the fm. and fr. and am. and nl. all those things aslong your ip is after that

10. Hypixel use round-robin dns and it finds the nearest available bungee to join.
    Mineplex don't know/can't do this so they use:
    us.mineplex.com - > Round Robin of US bungees
    eu.mineplex.com - > Round Robin of EU bungees

11. But doesn't round robin only allow you to get a random ip, an ip from a pattern or a cycle and no if checks or stuff like this?

12. Not quite sure if this is a lethal solution, but one of my friends is running a server with different hosting locations. He simply has a "main lobby" leading to two different lobbies (EU/US).