Multiple worlds but only 1 nether?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by InuYasha86000, May 6, 2015.

1. I have Multiverse on my server and have run into a problem with the NETHER. the only world with NETHER is the main one (The VALLEY) and I have tried using Multiverse Nether Portals and I find it does not send players back to the same portal they used to get TO the nether. I want to know if it's possible to have each world have it's own NETHER without needing to use Multiverse Nether Portals or creating seperate NETHERS.
    if it makes more sense, I want each world to use it's own NETHER like when you first create a Spigot server.
    I hope that makes sense.

2. I think if you do /mv create it'll come up with a list of types of the worlds that are avaliable.

3. ssamjh

let's make a world called bob and then link a nether to it.

Code (Text):
    /mv create bob normal
    /mv create bob_nether nether
    /mvnp nether bob bob_nether
    That's what I do for my server, works a charm!
    you will need
    multiverse-core
    multiverse-netherportals

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I have both of those, but one question, do you have players coming out of the wrong portals? i'm not meaning coming out of the wrong worlds portals but coming out of a different portal than the one they used to go into the nether? hopefully that made sense.

5. It's /Mvtp
    Not
    /Mvnp :p
    Also was about to say the same thing :p

6. ssamjh

I meant to write mvnp, it's the multiverse-netherportals command.

7. ssamjh

Know, EXACTLY what you're talking about. I think it's a bug with MultiVerse. My players don't complain too much so I haven't bothered to fix it.

8. Many versions of Multiverse are quite buggy. I use the following dev builds and I have separate Nethers for each world.

Multiverse-Core 2.5-b686
    Multiverse-Inventories 2.5-b383
    Multiverse-NetherPortals 2.5-b681
    Multiverse-Portals 2.5-b708

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ssamjh

The multiverse project has been abandoned by the looks of things.

10. The builds I'm using work pretty well, except that Multiverse-Inventories doesn't support UUIDs.

11. ssamjh

I'm using MultiInv, it works really good.

12. Too bad it doesn't work right. I tried it, but even though it supposedly imported the Multiverse-Inventories data, everyone lost their stuff. I even created a ticket, which the MultiInv people seem to have ignored. So I got rid of MultiInv.

13. Happens on my currently single-world near-vanilla survival server that doesn't use multiverse (but might add it to add a creative world). Something to do with Nether portal linking I think..? One of my players figured it out I believe, somehow... He now has a "nether hub" thing so he's got some of it figured out

• Agree Agree x 1