Multiworld VS 1 World

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by LiLChris, Nov 28, 2012.

1. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

So been trying to improve performance a little so I can add 1-2 new plugins (currently 25).

Anyways, with Survival Games plugin I have 3 worlds and 3 maps.
    After removing The End and noticing it freed up more ram I wanted to try merging my 3 maps together.

Chunks Loaded (estimate)
    world - 2,000 average
    nether - 0-600
    end - 0-???
    sg1 - 600
    sg2 - 600
    sg3 - 600

I always had 20 TPS with all those worlds, and a decent amount of ram left over.

Last night I used MCEdit to get the 3 worlds/maps and place it into 1 world.
    And reconfigure the plugin again, now I am left with...

Chunks Loaded (estimate)
    world - 2,000 average
    nether - 0-600
    sg - 900-1,000 (depending on arenas being played)
    TPS: 18, 19, 20 - It jumps every 5-10mins

Was i wrong in thinking it would be better to have them all in one world?
    Is it cause now it has to load and unload chunks each time a game is played instead of always being loaded for the most part?

Really could use some advice on this. :)

PS. At work all day so I haven't experienced the tps drops first hand, but 1 of my players told me.
    The drops may have been something else, I need further testing but could use some feedback.

#1 LiLChris, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. I would also be interested in any information regarding this. At the moment im running 30 different worlds I found that if your using multiverse disabling the keepspawninmemory helps lower the chunk usage when no ones in the worlds otherwise it sits on 600.

3. LiLChris

Retired

Well my test without restarting just failed, perfect timing for this dam evil plugin to act up.
    Code (Text):
    The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
    2012-11-29 22:34:55 [WARNING] [SurvivalGames] Couldn't connect to MySQL database. Stopping...
    Communications link failure
    Happens once every 2 weeks...
    Can't wait for it to be updated or I find a good alternative.

4. yup, its the survivalgames logging part creating mysql Connections that becomes idle.
    turn off the option to use sql for logging

in survival games config:
    Code (Text):
    logging:
      usesql: false

5. LiLChris

Retired

Looks like performance overall has improved, usually I only had about 500mb free now I average 1gb-1.4gb depending on a few things.
    Waiting for the weekend to truly find out when I have 50-60 players all day long.

Still would like some feedback about it. ;)

Yea I know, but I rather it keep the block changes in SQL then in the memory.
    If anything happens to that world(s) due to not logging I can swap it out easily with the backup folder.

This is a temporary server till our host gets the parts for our new box.
    Hate sharing this thing and only limited to 2gb.

6. That seems weird. Maybe allocate some more WAM.

EDIT: HUGE NECRO

#6 omgitsjayden, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. if you don't load any chunks in worlds which have 0 players, it most likely will not affect your server performance as I'm running 50 worlds on 2.5gb ram and things are ok

8. This thread is from 2012. Why are you commenting on it? I know I'm being a hypocrite, but I'd like to say something.

9. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Maybe he didnt notice this is old seeing how this dood:
    replied first?
    This thread is old and this is neroposting i don't think they need help 6 years later...

10. OOPS