MvDW Plugins suggestion

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Tyloon1e, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Hello @Maximvdw!

Using AnimatedNames, FeatherBoard and Tab combined makes my startup log quite intensive when seeing the three individual plugins load all the available placeholders and event hooks on repeat - it spams a whole lot and I really feel like these messages are absolutely pointless - the plugin sends a message if any errors occoured enabling a placeholder anyways? This is plenty of information for me - especially if the debug is enabled.

My suggestion is therefore to make the placeholder and event hook loading messages on startup/plugin reload only show if the debug features of the plugins are enabled. Otherwise I see no reason to get spammed by this all day long.

Showcase: https://hastebin.com/pirayikanu.sql

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

Why is this here and not in a PM to him?

3. Something tells me you haven't been around his plugin pages recently...
    71232f9d0f7e56e90f407031648a38a5.png

4. So he is using the entire forum section as a means of support, seems inconsiderate of everyone else.

5. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

It's not inconsiderate of everyone else, I literally only asked why it's not in a Private Message to the author, considering that's typically how support is handled, however seeing that new statement, I'd be willing to help despite the fact it's not really a support issue.

Regardless, I'm sure there's an additional plugin out there that can filter all of that spam @Tyloonie - I will have a look for it.

6. Well, I found this way of support/suggestion quite weird as well. Decided just to follow it though. Sorry if it's an inconvenience for you guys ^^

Thank you! I know I could use another plugin to sort it out but... I mean it's a damn premium plugin - one of the most popular ones on Spigot - shouldn't have to be done like that.

7. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

I found a plugin which should be able to do what you want: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/console-spam-fix.18410/ - This plugin will filter out any messages of which you configure it to.