My MOTD keeps resetting. [Solved]

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by radgoldfish, May 11, 2016.

1. I'm posting here because I don't know if it is a bug or not, based on my luck I probably missed something while entering configurations. Whenever I change the MOTD in my server.properties, it always changes back when the server resets. I'm not sure if this is a result of spigot or something else. I tried using a custom MOTD plugin, but that reset too.

Thanks in advance.

2. resetting like backing to the normal condition of your motd or the server.properties and other files itself ?

3. My host has it set to "hosted by etc etc etc" originally. When I restart or reload the server, it reverts back to that. With the plugin (sexymotd), it reverted back to the plugin config default.

4. hmmm would you mind asking your host about theses things ? they can help.

5. Ah, I'm an idiot. Its on my host, I have to change it there. Sorry for wasting your time.

1. oh not a problem m8 go back here if you had any more questions
    2. then change the prefix of this thread to solved

6. It could be the plugin you are using if it keeps resetting or it could be your host failing to save your files.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The way my host has it set up is you have to change the MOTD in a settings section. If it is changed in config, it will reset whenever the server reloads or restarts. I'm going to contact them on how to disable that from happening.