Spigot MyPet 3.10

Feature rich, Level you pet, Skillsystem (MC 1.7.10-1.15.2)

1. SlimeDog

Patron

Excellent plugin. I'm not sure that I want aggressive mode, but I tried to test it. I don't see how to set aggressive mode. I tried with both Chicken and Blaze. I have what appears to be the appropriate permissions (PermissionsEx):
    - mypet.user.extended.Behavior.aggressive​
    also
    - mypet.user.*
    - mypet.admin​
    I must be missing something. Advice please.

Is there a pet selector GUI? See, for example, EchoPet or SimplePet. Otherwise, unless I missed something else, the only way to get a pet is to get it on a lead (ie., a leash).

Some of the commentary suggests that EnderDragon is a supported pet type, but I cannot create one.

#61 SlimeDog, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Put the world into another worldgroup (worldgroups.yml). Every worldgroup has it's own pet pool.

MyPet doesn't have a selector GUI because MyPet is not a gimmick plugin like EchoPet or SimplePets. It's more an RPG type pet plugin. Your pets can attack have and use different skills (depending on the skill-tree), level up when they fight and need to be fed.
    If you don't want to use the aggressive behavior you can disable it by removing it from the skill-tree. If you want to test it you need to select a skilltree that has the "Behavior" skill and the aggressive mode enabled (default skilltrees -> Combat -> Level 3).
    The Enderdragon is not "leashable" by default because the "leashflag" is set to "Impossible". Change it to LowHP or create a pet by using the /petadmin create command (TAB-autocompletion)

3. SlimeDog

Patron

Thanks for fast response. I've got it mostly figured out. How does one ride a (rideable) pet?

#63 SlimeDog, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  4. All right
    Thank you!

5. Every pet is rideable if it has the "Ride" skill. Just rightclick it with the ride item (see config).

6. SlimeDog

Patron

7. SlimeDog

Patron

Spigot 1.9: plugins does not seem to work. Please update.

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you like them? I have plenty time to make more.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. SlimeDog

Patron

I am old, more than old enough to remember those times, old enough to have written in Fortran. But we live in the world of now, and users are clamoring for 1.9. MC/CraftBukkit/Spigot 1.9 has been on the horizon for some time now, with pre-releases available for testing. Spigot, which is an order of magnitude larger than any plugin, was released within hours of the official MC 1.9 release. I imagine others might join me in rewarding those who release 1.9 code relatively soon; it is far from certain that many plugin authors will do so at all.

10. So? MyPet has a much smaller audience than Spigot. Spigot had access to Minecraft Snapshots but I did not had access to the Spigot Builds. They have a team, I don't. It was 12AM so I went to bed. Can you understand my reaction now?

BTW the devbuilds support 1.9 now: https://build.keyle.de/job/MyPet/

I can't say how stable they are but more testes means faster stable release.

11. SlimeDog

Patron

Of course I understand. I meant no disrespect. MyPet deserves the same size audience as Spigot in general.

Thank you for the update. Out for a bike ride for a few hours, then more plugin testing.

Now a proud MyPet-Premium subscriber.

#71 SlimeDog, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  12. Excellent plugin -- THANK YOU! I'm a bit confused by the skilltree stuff, as I'm sure most of my users will be, but I'm getting there. I'm using this as a replacement for the developer abandoned EchoPets, so I'm trying to make things as simple as possible for my users. I realize that kind of negates some of the excellent features of your plugin, but...it's not about what I want and the users have to have their pets! ;)

I've been messing around with this all day, and I noticed a few things that may or may not be bugs. I'm using a lead for the control. When I put the lead on my pet it works fine, but when I remove the lead from my pet the lead disappears. This only occurs when I'm in Survival Mode (it doesn't happen in Creative), but my server defaults all my users to Survival Mode. If I switch pets or send my pet away and then call him back, the lead reappears. Am I missing some setting in the config where this is supposed to happen?

Also, I've been able to ride every pet that I've tried, but when try to ride a pig I'm able to mount him but he doesn't go anywhere. He does this weird sideways shuffle thing. It happens every time. Ride is definitely in the selected skilltree, and it definitely works with all other pets I've tried.

Lastly, a question: Is there a way to default every pet to a skilltree automatically without users having to use the pcst command?

Thanks and again, really enjoying the plugin!

13. Yeah this is a visual bug of Minecraft. If you click the empty slot the lead will reappear. The latest build will give it back to you.

Pigs and unsaddled horses are bugged right now until I find a solution to fix that problem (Good example that Mojang don't care about Bukkit/Spigot even tho they keep Minecraft alive). The new improved riding of Horses and boats cause this problem because the client handles them differently now.

There is a "AutomaticAssignment" option in the config. The first skilltree the player has permission for will be assigned to his pet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I would just like to say...

THANK YOU

For continuing to support MyPet Keyle

However, I just tried the latest dev and there are problems with it.

[23:39:24] [Server thread/INFO]: [MyPet] Enabling MyPet v1.3.2
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\Phillip\Desktop\MC 1.9 Server\plugins\MyPet\logs\MyPet.log.lck
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newFileChannel(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger$1.<init>(MyPetLogger.java:104)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger.setupDebugLogger(MyPetLogger.java:104)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger.log(MyPetLogger.java:66)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.info(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.MyPetPlugin.onEnable(MyPetPlugin.java:120)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:291)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:361)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:321)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:411)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:376)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:331)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:269)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:522)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/INFO]: [[0;32;22mMyPet[m] [mCompat mode for v1_9_R1 loaded.[m
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\Phillip\Desktop\MC 1.9 Server\plugins\MyPet\logs\MyPet.log.lck
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newFileChannel(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger$1.<init>(MyPetLogger.java:104)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger.setupDebugLogger(MyPetLogger.java:104)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.logger.MyPetLogger.log(MyPetLogger.java:66)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.util.logging.Logger.info(Unknown Source)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.hooks.ProtocolLib.findPlugin(ProtocolLib.java:48)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.hooks.Hooks.enable(Hooks.java:49)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.util.hooks.Hooks.<init>(Hooks.java:35)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at de.Keyle.MyPet.MyPetPlugin.onEnable(MyPetPlugin.java:127)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:291)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:361)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:321)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:411)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:376)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:331)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:269)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:522)
    [23:39:24] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

#74 Goldentoenail, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  15. /pcst doesnt work in latest dev builds?

16. Fixed in the latest dev build

The command does work but the skilltree file is not generated correctly. This problem should be fixed in the latest dev build.

17. Yeah, unfortunately I'm finding a lot of these kinds of bugs in 1.9...every day. :(

Oh, well. Problem easily solved by just using string instead of a lead for the leash tool. They don't really need a lead once they make an animal into a pet anyway.

Okay, thanks. No big deal. If they want to ride a pig or a horse, they can just doing it the normal way instead of through MyPet.

Thanks! I had to tweak my permissions a wee bit and then it worked!

One new thing I noticed though is that the MyPet commands are now at the top of my Help file. I just let Spigot generate it automatically create the Help file rather than using a custom one. I don't know if this is happening with all plugins now or not because all of my plugins except MyPets don't require any user commands.

18. I get several errors on spigot 1.9 when using the 1.3.2 snapshot dev build. Do I need the premium version to use this plugin with 1.9?

19. Will this plugin be updated to 1.9, or just the premium version?

20. Can you not name pets with colours using /petname &6PetName for example? Does it have to be /petname <gold>PetName. If so, can this be changed to use Colour Codes also?