Solved MySQL Connection ERROR

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by StackableGold_, Jun 10, 2017.

1. A quick google found something useful: click me

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. No, the users who are allowed multi-host connections (e.g. [email protected]'%') would not be allowed to connect, because there is a user like %@localhost.

3. I still doubt that. [username]@[host] is the format, and the username has nothing to do with the host. Henceforth, that is not the issue at hand. The host on which a user is expected to be connecting on containing a % is what is causing this issue, according to the information provided.

Although the link I provided refers to a question that isn't about a MariaDB server, I think there's some applicable information over there. Some of it influenced this answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MariaDB is a fork of MySQL which was intended to be a drop-in replacement for it (as well as less buggy).

Your own link literally verified my statement:

@OP post your users table

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. That's What I thought. Removed the user causing the problem and still getting

ava.sql.SQLException: null, message from server: "Host 'micheal7desktop' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server"

6. I found this really useful along side the one oasis9 posted. thanks for all the help everyone. See ya around!

• Like Like x 1