Solved mySQL end user assistence.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by LukeEff, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hi, I'm new to SQL and was hoping to use mySQL in a plugin, which all works as it should, but I fear the set up for an end user could be intimidating if they have to set up a local SQL server for communication. Is it possible to create a mySQL server instance in the plugin's code? Does spigot or Minecraft have any sort of built in mySQL server that can be accessed?

TLDR; It feels like it might be too much to require an end user to do something like set up a mySQL server and I was wondering if there is a way for creating a SQL server through my code instead of just connecting to one that's already established.

Thanks in advance :)
    Edit: It could be sqllite or other flavors, so long as it fulfills this purpose

#1 LukeEff, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Hello !

Most of Minecraft server host has SQL servers.
    Most of plugins using SQL doesn't "emulate" or install an SQL server. They use hosted SQL server (or local installed SQL server)

If you mean "create the tables used by my plugin", yes it's possible.

Do I helped you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. If end-user needs MySQL - user know what is (s)he doing.
    You can easily setup SQLite database - there's plenty of tuts about it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for the insight. I am familiar with creating tables and establishing connections to SQL servers, but this question has to do with people who do not have a SQL server set up or with a host that didn't include a SQL server.

This is what I was looking for. I wasn't aware that SQLite was capable of this. Thanks for the help guys :)

Solved