MySQL / MongoDB Question

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by KawaiikamiKait, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Is it possible to have a plugin that saves and loads worlds from MySQL or MongoDB and have this plugin on multiple servers using the same database?

For example, there are 10 servers with this plugin, using the same world. On server 1, world is edited, 3 minutes later, it's saved to the Database. The next time the servers are restarted, the changes would apply across all servers.

2. Lately, I've been working on a dungeon instance plugin. There's a template world, and for every instance the template is copied to another world. What I do is make a new folder, copy the files from the template and put them into the newly created folder, then load it as a world. You can do the same. Save the data/information from the world files to the database, and load them on the other servers.

3. Of course it's possible, but it may have some synchornisation issues if plugins need to update and cache instead of query when needed.

4. Yeah its possible, but I never saved a world into a database, waht for my oppinion wouldnt make sense because you have to pin it togehter because the world will get changed on every server at the same time right ?

5. But just as database i would recomend using MongoDB because is much more dynamic