MySQL with PermissionsEx

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Eric_Minecraft, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Hello I am trying to setup PermissionsEx to use MySQL (Yes, I know Pex is old but I prefer it over LuckPerms)
    However it never works,
    Here is my pex config
    Code (Java):
    multiserver:
      use-netevents: false
    permissions:
      debug: false
      allowOps: true
      user-add-groups-last: false
      log-players: false
      createUserRecords: false
      backend: sql
      informplayers:
        changes: false
      basedir: plugins/PermissionsEx
      backends:
        file:
          type: file
          file: permissions.yml
        sql:
          type: sql
          uri: mysql://localhost:3306/bukkit
          user: mc
          password: Password
    updater: false
    alwaysUpdate: false
    Code (Text):
    [PermissionsEx] Error occurred with PermissionsEx! Please post it to http://git.io/<html><body>You are being <a href="https://git.io/create">redirected</a>.</body></html>. Full error:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException: connectionProperties is null
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.PermissionBackend.getBackend(PermissionBackend.java:413)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.PermissionBackend.getBackend(PermissionBackend.java:367)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.createBackend(PermissionManager.java:775)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.setBackend(PermissionManager.java:752)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.initBackend(PermissionManager.java:862)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.<init>(PermissionManager.java:80)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onEnable(PermissionsEx.java:177)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:316)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:395)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:344)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:442)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:403)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:341)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:293)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:616)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: connectionProperties is null
        at ru.tehkode.libs.org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.setConnectionProperties(BasicDataSource.java:1267)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.sql.SQLBackend.<init>(SQLBackend.java:98)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.PermissionBackend.getBackend(PermissionBackend.java:392)
        ... 17 more
    For now I have switched back to file

#1 Eric_Minecraft, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. This is the exact reason you don't use outdated plugins. Nothing as far as I can see is wrong with the config. Their might be some issue with your MySQL database offsite but most likely pex is just being pex and bugging out. I don't see why anyone would have luckperms it is so well made and documented with tons of support and a full fledged discord chat.

3. yes pex is outdated but I have reasons for using it.
    1. Some of the plugins on my server are designed for use with pex. (They work with luckperms but is buggy)
    2. When I use luckperms the * node doesn't work (Sr. Admins and Owners have the * perm)
    3. Aeternum-Studios made a updated fork about a month ago. (1 month is not outdated, bug happens with both latest official release and the Aeternum-Studios' version)

Other plugins that i have work with my database, so why wouldn't pex?

5. Strahan

Benefactor

Have you tried asking Aeternum? He's fairly active on the forum.