Spigot NametagEdit 4.4.10

Change prefix, suffix and tabs with NametagEdit.

1. Sorry to bother you m8. Are there separate permissions for prefixes and suffixes? i want people to be able to change their prefix but not their suffix

2. Something overrides nametag edit and wont let it work i think... i cant even press /nte pls help me

3. I'm not a dev of the plugin but maybe i can help, what about /nametagedit ?

4. How do I disable the tag above people's heads and only have it show in tablist?

5. [19:24:56 INFO]: NametagEdit Pool - Driver does not support get/set network timeout for connections. (com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.getNetworkTimeout()I)
    [19:24:56 INFO]: NametagEdit Pool - Start completed.

on console

6. how do we use the new feature of 1.16? HEX color code?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Is it possible to decide that for some groups/players, the nametag will only show up in tablist, and not above the name? Or is there a way to generally only use NameTags for tablist?

8. I knew about the RGB (Hex Codes) I just forgot about getting them fully implemented. With that said, 1.16.1 is supported to be "functional", however, hex codes have yet to be implemented.

Probably should use https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/bungeetablistplus.313/ or something similar. I think you can still use the Spigot plugin without BungeeCord if you don't use it.

Thanks!

Keep in mind I'm not a Java Developer and I know enough to get by to update it to keep the plugin alive, however, I've asked a colleague I work with to assist me in squashing some bugs and optimize NametagEdit. :)

I'm the legal owner of NametagEdit and my essential duty is to keep the plugin alive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. We all really do appreciate you keeping it alive!

10. Hi, I'm having an issue with FactionsUUID's relation color placeholder %factionsuuid_faction_relation_color%. When I use it, the color is always the player themselves' relation color, so every single one is the color of their own faction, rather than changing to show relation to the faction of the player viewing the nametag. Is it possible to make a player's nametag dynamic between other players viewing them, for instance so enemies see a red prefix while neutrals see a gray one.

Additionally, the first place I went for this was your linked issues page, but the discussion forum seems to be where people are getting support. Maybe remove the link to the issues page so people know to come to Discussions instead :)

EDIT: I think I may be using the wrong placeholder and the correct one is %rel_factionsuuid_relation_color%, but it doesn't seem NTE supports this one as it's a PAPI relational placeholder. Any chance for support of this placeholder in the future?

EDIT 2: I found this plugin that no longer works but suggests that nametags are likely dynamic between the players looking at the nametag: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/free-faction-nametags.24946/

#1013 SirPathojen, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  11. Your welcome.

I think this has been reported before and one of the issues that should be resolved.

12. Thanks for the response. I just looked at that issue and after talking with FactionsUUID support was told that isn't the correct placeholder and the placeholder %rel_factionsuuid_relation_color% is what I should be using, however it is a PAPI relational placeholder and NTE doesn't support them.

EDIT: When testing with PAPI it is loaded and working correctly: https://gyazo.com/f55f4a4d9cf29e636c8f4a0c73923015

Any possibility of adding support for relational placeholders in the future?

Also seem to be misunderstanding SortProrioty. Prefix stays at the first permission group no matter what I put in these fields, ex. Iron inherits Player in permissions, have Player and Iron group in NTE, Player (with nte.player) priority at 15 and Iron (with nte.iron) at 5, and it uses the Player prefix. Same result with priority numbers switched.

EDIT: Priority seems to be given based on the order of the groups in the groups.yml file and ignores SortPriority entirely. May be a problem with my permissions plugin or something

Also wondering if there's a way to force nametags to update on a shorter interval? I disbanded my faction and the nametag stays until I re-log. I'm sure people will figure out a way to exploit this

#1015 SirPathojen, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  13. what this mean [19:40:33] [Server thread/WARN]: Legacy plugin NametagEdit v4.4.10 does not specify an api-version.

14. Hello, sorry to bother you but I have been having this issue were the lowest priority is the highest in tablist and the highest is the lowest in the tablist. I didn’t know how to format this so I just used your github format.

Type /ver NametagEdit and post the output.

What version of Bukkit/Spigot/PaperSpigot are you using? Type /ver

CraftBukkit

What plugins are you using? Type /plugins
    VoidDeath, PlaceholderAPI, DisableDeathMessage, newtLib, NametagEdit, AdvancedHelp, OldCombatMechanics, TrollBoss, ViaVersion, ViaBackwards, ItemEditor, LuckPerms, WorldEdit, HealthBar, killStats, ClearLag, DisableJoinMessage, BuycraftX, CosmicVaults, Votifier, ProtocolLib, VoidSpawn, Multiverse-Core, LibsDisguises, HubThat, StaffChatReloaded, Multiverse-Portals, pvpstats, Vault, ViaRewind, DeluxeHub, RankGrantPlus, HolographicDisplays, Holograms, WorldGuard, AuctionHouse, Multiverse-Inventories, Multiverse-SignPortals, InfiniteScoreboard, Essentials, BountyHunters, LiteBans, newtShop, Citizens, TradeSystem, EssentialsChat, HolographicPlaceholders, SuperVanish, UltimateKits, HolographicExtension, CrazyCrates, KillKash, ArmorStandTools, HologramsPlaceholders, CitizensCMD, EssentialsXMPP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsAntiBuild, ChatManager, EssentialsSpawn, ServerNPC, LeaderHeads, Duels

Please explain your issue. How do you trigger it?

It has never worked, the tab-list priorities don't work the lowest priority is on the top

Are there any errors in the console? Please use: https://pastebin.com
    No errors in console

15. I have the same question, my tag are displayed on my pets heads

16. Does this support the new hexcolors?

17. Yeah, pets are currently getting the same nametags as their owners. I haven't had this issue prior to the latest update.