Solved Need Assistance setting up a bungeecord server

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by shacharshp, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As title states, i need assistance setting up a new bungeecord server.

i want to make a few gamemodes like SMP Factions and Skyblock Etc... and i want to make it on bungeecord
    (like most new servers) and one got a good tutorial? im hosting this on my pc with PF (Port Forwarding)

please help !

2. foncused

Moderator Patron

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Highly recommend you do not home host this. Especially if you want 3 servers (4 with a hub server). You most likely do not have enough ram to handle that. If this is just for the development then you should be fine but hosting it to the public would most likely not work. Not ti mention the security risks you are imposing on your network.

As for a tutorial on how to setup bungeecord I think this one is a good length and serves as a good starting point:

It is a bit old but should give the basic idea not much has changed I do not believe in the bungeecord config. Also try searching around on youtube this might also bring up newer tutorials.

4. its developing for now, until i decide to maybe buy a host :p

5. but 1 more question, how do i portforward all the servers? so people will be able to join them..

6. You need to portforward with you router each port you are using. This is not something I can help you with but if you would like to contact your ISP they could set up the portforwards for you.

7. Wrong. Only port forward the bungeecord, most likely port 25565.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got this issue now, i portforwarded the server
    and like made it offline mode and all

but i get this error Could not connect to a default or fallback server, please try again later: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException

9. My bad, have not setup bungeecord to where I would need to portforward cause well home hosting is stupid. No offense op you have valid reasons :)

10. Got this issue now, i portforwarded the server
    and like made it offline mode and all

but i get this error Could not connect to a default or fallback server, please try again later: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException

can you help me tho with this?

11. Post your bungeecord config please

12. fixed it lmfao.. didnt know i need to open bungee and the server ;P

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. foncused

Moderator Patron

Ideally you should not have to port forward for the server if it's behind BungeeCord...rather, only open up 25565 to the proxy (suggested above by @BlakeTheAdmin).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.