[Need feedback] [Released] ItemRenamer - Rename items with the anvil GUI

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by PatoTheBest, Jun 18, 2015.

1. I've released a brand new plugin that allows you to edit items name with the anvil GUI, it uses nms code and supports all 1.7 and 1.8. Here is the link: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/itemrenamer.8336/

This includes a lib I've made that I will release soon, you can decompile the code to see it, really simple api and useful, The resource I released was one of the tests I made.

Some screenshots from the project

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Read the description, looked at the photos, here is what i think:

its great plugin all is good but i know just a handful of things people will definitely want

1. i know you purposely made it so you don't need levels, but you should probably make it toggle able with a config file, some people would want t use the plugin to let users use it but make it so they require levels...
    2. going back to the fact that servers will want users to use it, you might also want to make the command AND in a normal anvil, unless this is already a thing and you just haven't listed it, well then...
    3. this one might be a bit harder to do, but it is definitely do-able, we all know &k exists and for some server owners, they just wish it never existed so creating permissions for naming items with the special ones like &l & &k etc with like itemrenamer.use.bold/random
    4. relating to the above, also adding in a permission to actually use colors in normal anvils would absolutely be required xD and thinking of the code, it will not be hard to add in
    5. if you are going to make things like levels etc toggle able, make commands to turn them on and off

overall i just think its a really good plugin, just needs a bit more work to make it more user friendly because remember that some people don't even know how to add a plugin to a server so definitely make commands that change the config for them if you can!