Need help looking for a custom Earth map

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by RainOfPain125, Jul 5, 2018.

1. I currently run a factions server, but now I want to run a towny server on a large earth-like map. The only problem is I simply can't find any public / free version of an earth map that is in a recent update of minecraft (1.12, 1.13). It's the only thing holding me back from making such a server and I'd love to know if anyone has, or knows about a custom earth map.

2. I heard a year or two ago that a team of people is making an earth map (exact replica) that will be done in 2020 but I do not know of any that exist at the moment and definitely not in 1.12.

3. 2020? Dang. Didn't think it would be too hard to make a replica within a month with friends if you had the right generation tools and brushes, world edit, etc. Though I'm not one to talk.

4. I found this map - https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/...ete_earth_map_with_custom_ore_generation_and/

I'm not sure if theres a big difference between this one and yours, but this one was announced to reddit a year ago, while the one you posted was officially posted 6 years ago.

5. I took a look, the one you linked has a scale that's about 1:1000, has 'real' ore spawn and looks to be made for factions/roleplay. Whilst the one I linked has a scale of 1:1500, normal ore spawn and isn't made for a specific purpose.

6. Still interested in seeing if anyone knows of a map or map maker working on making a 1.12 / 1.13 earth map.

7. Is there any claiming plugin suggestions couse i want to do this to