Need help with Server Setup.

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Slenderous, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Hello,

I don't see a forum for newbies looking for help so I hope it's okay to post this here. I have recently purchased a server for a group of 4-5 friends to play together on. I remember using MCMMO on a server and I absolutely loved it and I would like to set it up on the server I currently have up. I use mcprohosting at the moment if that helps anyone assist me.

I've found myself shifting through countless posts about a topic that seems to be getting a bit overwhelming. Download MCMMO.(Which on this site shows as premium but I have no idea how to even access premium content). It has a link in the premium post to MCMMO on another site basically making me feel like a scumbag for clicking on it as I don't support the mod creator(again no idea how to even do so). Great so I got MCMMO and now it says get bukkitcraft. And this is where the cycle of confusion and uncertainty started. I get the jist of the story but it doesn't help one bit. Is there a way someone can cut the stories and confusion for me and just say "click here -> download this -> Upload this -> restart server.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Add me on skype at Its.Vizion I could help you I will be up all night. :D

3. Im available. Add me on skype live:m.d99 :D

4. Download plugin.
    Place in plugin folder.
    Build Spigot jar (if you haven't yet).
    Run it.

MCProHosting have a bunch of guides on how to set up a server.

Also, don't use MCProHosting. I used to pay $9.99 a month for a 768MB RAM server. I've moved to shockbyte, and now I get 1GB of RAM, unlimited player slots, and all the other same features as MCProHosting for just $2.50 a month now.