Need Host

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by HoogleyBoogley, May 25, 2016.

1. Hi, I have been looking around for server host but found nothing that is in my budget, or does what I need. I need web hosting and server hosting, All in one package. I found Google Cloud but the SQL Database is expensive…

2. What is your budget?

3. I would say about $150 per year. I want to run bungee too.

4. What are you looking for? Dedicated or VPS or shared?

5. you won't get both for that price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. No server provider would do that unless you get a 10 - 15 USD less well know host
    I guess you can do Bisect hosting, They may be little more expensive but, I used them for over a year and especially if your like me and likes to build and use a lot of world edit, Bisect is good at that :)

7. You can add a Sql database straight to your instance with Google Cloud but your not gonna get it for $150 a year, not even a Micro.
    Code (Text):
    sudo apt-get install mariadb, then use 127.0.0.1 as the address.

8. VPS

9. OVH?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. What is the price for a 6GB VPS?

11. I was thinking about buying the Compute Engine with Google Cloud and buy cheap web hosting for the SQL database.

12. https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/vps/vps-ssd.xml

I don't understand your thought process here, if you're using the compute engine, you can just set up an SQL server on that machine. It is also probably way out of your budget, on par with AWS.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. The SQL Database isn't free. So how would I do that? If someone can set up the pricing calculator for me that would be great. I would use Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.

14. I don't think you understand. If you purchase a VPS, you can install MySQL or MariaDB (both work the same; MariaDB is an improved version) onto the server; you don't need a special server for an SQL server. Also, if you have only one machine, you really want to avoid sending your data over the internet for security and latency reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah, I know. But what do you recommend? I need about 4-6GB with a low budget.

16. So you want a 4-6GB of RAM VPS for $12.50 a month? Good luck with your search. Just about your only option is going to be OVH.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. You only pay on Google while your instance is running, so technically you might could stay in budget with stopping/starting your instance.

18. It is running 24/7