Need Plugin Suggestions

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Remy2402, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Heyo!

So, I have a lot of free time since I just started a 2 week holiday and I need some new and exciting stuff to work on. So, I am asking for your suggestions on cool plugins I could make that you would like. They can be completely new ideas or a suggestion to improve on a current plugin.

Thanks for your time!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Remake worldedit

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Do something useful like a plugin that stores chat, and send language specific translated versions to specific players with the specific language options. Custom NBTTag api, something useful and fun to make.

4. Funny enough, I tried this once.

It worked as good as a translator could get, however... Latency. Unless you can find a good offline translator, you are going to have a 1-3 second delay between sending and receiving messages. If you use the deprecated chat event it freezes the server, but still using the async chat event just ends up blocking up messages.

The other issue is that the config would require an api key (most language translation apis require you to register). I gave up on the idea mainly because of the latency. Besides that issue, it worked very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hi Envici,
    maybe make a custom entity api plugin, with which you can manage the entity data, like ai, health, speed, etc.

~ Yekllurt

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I started a 3 week holiday and I also would like a project...
    Want to work together on something?

7. I'm needing a plugin that show the title and sub title message when player enter/leave worldguard region

8. I'll give that a go?

9. Yes please ?

10. Ill look at the world guard api, if there is an easy bind event, i can do it now.

11. Custom NBT tag seems interesting.
    I'll give that a go, atleast. :)

12. Maybe try caching stuff in a local file so if there is a common phrase, you don't have to connect to the translator each time

13. Code (Java):
    PlayerConnection connection = ((CraftPlayer) player).getHandle().playerConnection;
    Won't work on 1.9 for example, due NMS :)

14. Both 1.8 and 1.9 compatible. They are different versions (sorry im not feelig reflective today)
    https://github.com/cyberpwnn/WorldGuardTitles/releases

#17 VolmitSoftware, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1