Netbeans c++ question

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Kyllian, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Hey,

I'm trying to setup netbeans for c++. downloaded it and it looks like you're forced to set up a useless build server.

Is there any IDE without it? I hate to setup something like that.

(Trying to learn c++ for my razer gear)

2. Mas

Mas

Visual Studio and CLion (JetBrains) are good.

EDIT: 1000th post :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. If you're learning C++, also consider CodeBlocks, as being simpler it allows you to focus on the code itself, without all of the clutter the other IDEs have which only come in useful when you're working on a big project. I also found its build speed extremely fast compared to the other IDEs, but that may be dependent on my setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I must admit that I am in love with all the JetBrains IDEs, including CLion. The only downside is, that there is no community edition for it like there is for IntelliJ or PyCharm. That means you need a license. But I guess you are going to school and maybe you could get a student license. Do you have a .edu e-mail adress?

5. If you want to rather try out CLion by JetBrains, I'd love to hook you up with a license.

I by the way also recommend the Toolbox App. It's a manager for all the IDEs in one.

6. I've found that a student ID with name and date is good enough, I'd assume any document containing the same (or more) information would be good enough.