Spigot NetTranslate 1.1-R2

Live Chat Translations

1. TeeePeee submitted a new resource:

NetTranslate - Live Chat Translations

Read more about this resource...

2. Do you have any stats on how much this actually delays the chat / if Google caps you for too many API requests on large servers? Just curious.

3. I haven't gathered many diagnostics. To my knowledge, Google doesn't limit the number of API requests allotted to an IP per time, but making the request definitely takes some ms. In my testing, the delay was barely noticeable in chat (without any server lag), but with a wired internet connection, I'm sure this could be near eliminated.

4. Huh, I was thinking of trying to implement this on my own but I figured it wouldn't be expandable because at some point they cap the requests, and I thought the delay was too much, but I guess it performs better than I thought, well done.

5. To quote actual numbers, the first request takes ~200 ms on my connection (a long time). For every subsequent request, the response time is diminished by tenfold to ~20 ms. I'll have to see about request capping, but I just ran a small test and fired off 250 requests in 30 seconds and they all came back.

6. TeeePeee updated NetTranslate with a new update entry:

Performance Tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. TeeePeee updated NetTranslate with a new update entry:

Translation Caching

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. I have a question what does this plugin depend on and can this plugin can with non-bungeecord servers

9. This plugin just needs an internet connection. It works on all Bukkit-based servers with or without Bungee.

10. So it wont work on offline servers

11. It'll work on servers in offline-mode, however, since the translation service is online, you need to be connected to the internet to use it.

Think Google Translate. You need a computer and an internet connection to use it. However, you can use your computer with or without an internet connection. You can run a Minecraft server with or without internet, but you still need internet to use translation services.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NullBlox

Patron

icon: icon.png
    concept is a web aka net behind the letters of the plugin name.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. I don't know what I'd do without you, NullBlox <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Thank you to make this greatest plugin!
    I have simple idea, please add "/translate toggle" and "/translate force toggle" command.
    your plugin is really useful but it changing and break other chat systems.
    so I wanna use your plugin with toggle.

Actually, if you can. your plugin doesn't break chat systems, its great.
    but may be your plugin should do it. right?

Now I'm having some problems with DiscordSRV and LunaChat by your plugin.
    If you don't annoy with it, check this out.

Thank you for your support.
    love. <3

• Like Like x 1