netty threads

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by george, Jul 3, 2013.

1. How many netty threads should i run my server on. My cpu is Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 (4 cores / 8 Threads). Could someone explain what would happen if i ran my server with more/less threads.

2. I am almost interested in this.

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

In earlier versions running with more threads would cause more CPU to be consumed when it wasn't needed. Running with less threads isn't recommended either as that might lead to starvation. In the end you shouldn't need to change it, we will reevaluate the number of threads /whether the more CPU bug is present soon

4. Since like 2-3 weeks ago my server lags also noticed netty-threads. Whats the old setting?

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

It's always been 3

6. NullBlox

Patron

would any version make the threads 4. cause i have a test server that was made recently an i didnt adjust threads but seam to have it saying 4 threads. does config auto adjust for dif pc's etc?

7. Puremin0rez

The new default is 4. It used to be 3, but this thread is old.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. NullBlox

Patron

So dumb question i know. but it shouldn't hurt anything to say raise it up to default should it?
    An thanks for getting back to me.

9. Puremin0rez

Yeah, defaults are intended to be on the safer side of things.

10. NullBlox

Patron

Thank you very much!

11. I recommend you to use 3 netty threads, because the 4 value is very very bad. I am running a 1000 slots server, with bungeecord, and at 300 players with netty set to 4 bungeecord jar explodes to 400% cpu, and all the server is laggy. With the value set to 3, it works at 60% cpu with 400 players.

12. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3