Netty - Update at own risk

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

As you can see in this commit: https://github.com/EcoCityCraft/Spigot/commit/d212863aa7d03df4c33552f8ec75d96b32d87bce I have rewritten the entire Minecraft network engine. Needless to say there are bugs. First read the commit message below:
    I have purposefully applied this commit, right after our RB, so there is little or no reason for you to be using a non recommended build if you find any errors. If you have any errors / crashes, please post steps to reproduce, and if possible try without plugins.

This commit is the single biggest change in Spigot, but it will be completely worthwhile once we iron out the bugs. So once again, thanks for your support, and if you have any issues, downgrade before yelling at me.

• Like x 14
    • Optimistic x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Awesome, but... Anyway you could stop this from flooding the console?

03:35:16 [INFO] [Spigot Debug] Skipped ticking player packet due to being disconnected

I counted this being listed 103 times within 1 second, same message just flooding the console.
    And also i do not think SpoutPlugin is compatible with this change either, as it is erroring: http://pastebin.com/tTwGjFLR

Other than that, it works great! Keep up the good work MD_5!

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

Thanks, removed that spam in build 498.

4. i just tried this, it works beside i get these messages quiet often around every second:

Code (Text):
    2013-02-09 13:07:36 [WARNING] Failed to set a channel option: [id: 0xca02a23c, /95.148.87.39:59091 => /192.168.178.16:25565]
    io.netty.channel.ChannelException: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: no further information
    at io.netty.channel.socket.DefaultSocketChannelConfig.setTrafficClass(DefaultSocketChannelConfig.java:264)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.DefaultSocketChannelConfig.setOption(DefaultSocketChannelConfig.java:115)
    at io.netty.bootstrap.ServerBootstrap$ServerBootstrapAcceptor.inboundBufferUpdated(ServerBootstrap.java:264)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1170)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1148)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1127)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:903)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioMessageChannel$NioMessageUnsafe.read(AbstractNioMessageChannel.java:84)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:397)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:361)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:301)
    at io.netty.channel.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:110)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: no further information
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.setSocketOption(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.setOption(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setIntOption(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(Unknown Source)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.DefaultSocketChannelConfig.setTrafficClass(DefaultSocketChannelConfig.java:262)
    ... 12 more

5. Congrats on getting this out. Been looking forward to it :)

6. Like this, ping is lowered too :)

7. With this new update, I'm seeing a lot of "lost connection" spam in my console and I can't even connect to my own server. None of these problems arise when using the latest Spigot build without Netty changes.

8. Strange, i can connect to my server with this changes (minecarts.nl)

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Puremin0rez

Yep, I think md_5 is aware of the lost connection spam - but you should make a bug report just in case

10. Thanks from everyone at Overclock for all your efforts md_5!

11. I've got this too, but after restart (and also I disabled orebfuscator plugin and now i'm using built-in one instead) it is working :)
    md_5: the problem I have is that in minecraft favorite server list my server is shown as offline, but you can connect. Why ?

12. md_5 Build 499, restarted 300 players and threw netty build on, 2 out of say 10 could connect the rest is all lost connection spam. Possibly due to the speed of everyone reconnecting. Had to revert for now.

13. Both same here. I already notified Lishid but my server appears offline D: ?

14. I am now getting Read Time Out disconnect problems for me and several players, anyone have any idea why this is happening?

15. This is epic. Can't wait for a stable. Great job md_5! Will this be incorporated into BungeeCord?

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

strontkever
    Are you running Mac OSX by any chance?

17. This could be the beginning of something wonderful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Yay, amazing things.

md_5
    You made a typo in the notice, "#485 is out" should be "#485 is our" hehe. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.