Never ever buy GGServers [Review]

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by o355, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, they do oversell. In June, 2014, my Multicraft ID was 234368. Yup.

Their servers weren't that bad though. I usually got 20 TPS with 30+ plugins, 15+ worlds (hybrid minigame server) with the Coal (1.5GB) plan, a dedicated IP, and unlimited player slots.

They are pricey, though. But they do have good support from what I experienced.

Regardless, I cancelled them and went with OVH.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. To be completely honest, they probably have the best support, but other than that they're weak in every single area, and yeah, I did the same thing for my last server.

3. Personally, I think that MCProHosting is the best host! I've used it for 2 years and has never had a single problem. Easy to use but a little bit overpriced for what they have.

EDIT: actually, they are ok because my "friend" had a server , note "had" a server and within 2 minutes of this one hacker joining, he already had complete access to the control panel, my "friend" thought that I hacked it since I was developer

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I doubt that MCPH caused this. Likely a server was there before that the "hacker" played on. There is a likelihood this would happen on any shared host.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. How do you know they don't have sufficient machines to support this? Also, You know Multicraft IDs are never reused so that is the amount of customers both past an present.

Your Multicraft ID is not adequate evidence of overselling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. From what you have said it sounds as if it could not process all of the plugins/worlds you had installed. Your computer could of been able to do it, because you could have a better processor, then from the fraction of the server you are renting out. It also depends if you were able to select where to host your machined Minecraft server. Such as a providence close to your area to reduce lag to you.

MCPH has very high prices and their plans are not even good. Plans For 256 MB is $2.50 USD! That's just insane in my opinion. You don't even get one GB until you pay $10.00 USD a month! That's insane... I use to use MCPH, but then I said "Forget This" And I went out and bought my own physical servers that are even better than the plans and offer more then their dedicated servers.

MCPH's Dedicated Servers first plan is $118.00 USD a month for 16GB of Ram and 12GB of Storage. I can fit a lot more than 12GB of storage on my servers. Just on one of my drives has 67.7 GB remaining and I have nothing on it. And I have another two on that same server as well with the same amount. I can still put my drives in it if I want too.

Server 1:
    Make: Dell
    Model: PowerEdge 2950
    Processor: 2x Intel Dual Core Xeon 2.67 Ghz 5140
    HardDrive: 15k Serial Attached SCSI(SAS) x4
    Ram: 16gb FBD
    Ethernet: Onboard Dual Gigabit 1000 Pro
    Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Server 2:
    HardDrive: 15k Serial Attached SCSI(SAS) x5
    Ram:16gb FBD
    Ethernet: Onboard Quad Gigabit 1000 Pro
    Operating System: Windows 2012 Server

Server 3:
    Model: PowerEdge R900
    Processor: 4x Intel Quad Core Xeon 1.66ghz
    HardDrive: 15k Serial Attached SCSI(SAS) x4
    Ram: 32GB FBD
    Operating System: Windows Server 2012

Server 4:
    HardDrive: 15k Serial Attached SCSI(SAS) 4x
    Ram: 16GB FBD
    Operating System: Win 7 Pro

NAS/Network Attached Storage.
    Model: MD1000PV
    HardDrive: 15k SAS 15x drives

Total Processing Cores:28
    Total Ram: 80GB
    Total Virtual Ram: 150GB
    Total Logical+Virtual/hyper cores:44
    Total HardDrive space: 19TB

7. You should consider moving your servers to linux, join the dark side my friend. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The fact that I once had my server on node ~#200 and that Multicraft ID was from June, 2014 can suggest that they have at least 150,000 servers, not including Nexus servers or anything since they're just a sponsor to servers like this and they just rent out some dedicated servers in return for advertising.

9. Them hosting a hundred thousand server is a posibility.

Think about it, Do you know how many 10 year old kids have a dream of starting up their minecraft server?

There's about 28 million minecraft purchases, I'd think MCPH has a majority of that market due to advertisement deals from major servers and youtubers like Hypixel

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. HEHEHHE

11. Linux its the best OS for Minecraft Servers :3

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Basically you need to get scammed to learn.
    Just ask me, i've gone host through host getting either ripoffed or scammed.
    Ended up buying my own dedicated from sys which is great.

13. Exactly! You are way better off just buying a physical server!

14. I think he got the point :p

15. GGServers is the absolute worst company ever. In my own opinion, all of their staff and owners should be thrown in jail for this scam. I had purchased a server based on positive reviews I stumbled upon, which I could most likely tell were probably paid for. I purchased a server, and was actually surprised by the easy setup process of them taking my money and emailing me an order confirmation. I had to wait an hour to even be given credentials to anything. After that, they have to “activate” some addons I purchased, such as changing slots & a dedicated IP. I had an okay experience, until I was no longer able to edit any files, and found my files suddenly being emptied. I filed a support ticket, and it took over 12 hours to respond. They responded with a basic apology and saying I now have to delete me server for a new account to be activated on a different server node. At that point, I asked them to refund my money, which they refused. They had stated some claims that I supposedly agreed to, and then proceeded to terminate my account, leaving some account credit, which is totally useless to me, as I will NEVER be using their service again. GGServers is a total scam. Don’t make the mistake I made.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. What's engine mode 2?

17. Haha, totally agree. Should of put at the end Don't make the mistake o355 and myself made ;)

I'll add your "mini-review" to the main review as well :)

18. WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE WIZARD, THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF

worlds

(that's me!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. It's GGServers...what can you expect.
    They just want more money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.