1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Crash Never fails to crash, yeah!

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by 3ptO, Mar 5, 2013.

1. McMMO crashed your server by issues with you SQL database. Is your SQL DB on local host or is it external?

Errrrrrrt. Either McMMO or possibly Griefcraft was trying to flush the database and failed.

2. Not sure what Griefcraft is...

My SQL db is hosted externally.

3. You might need to look into that. With gaming, if it doesn't get what it want's when it needs it, (Within less than 100ms), it starts to throw a fit. Especially with something such as McMMO.

4. Everything seems to check out, besides it was working before I updated from 519 to 603.

5. Then drop to 485. It doesn't have Netty, but it works great. Most recent recommended build.

6. What exactly is Netty? Sorry I'm rather new to Spigot

7. It is an uber efficient network rewrite of the traditional minecraft server packet handling. Said to take over 1000 threads of processing down to 8. Best way I can describe it. It is still deep in development, and still has a lot of versions till it would be recommended. But for your server set up, I don't suggest it till it is recommended by md_5.

8. Thank you for the help!

9. No problem! If you need anymore help, post here, or join the irc!

10. md_5

Administrator Developer

Griefcraft is LWC.
    If MCMMO and LWC are both using MySQL - chances are you MySQL server is dodgy. Make sure to host it yourself.

11. I host through hostgator...

12. Hostgator is reliable, unless you are on a reseller plan.

13. Definitely not on a reseller plan...