New Annihilation Plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Newpredator, Jul 24, 2018.

1. I am currently working on a new complete plugin for the annihilation game based on coasterman10´s plugin.
    Would it be a good idea to make it public on GitHub and let people work on it?
    Actually its working from 1.8-1.12.2 with via version.
    Its on Spanish so I´m considering making a messages file.

2. It's clearly a good idea to make it public on GitHub since not only will the plugin improve by someone's else contribution but you will most likely do so as well. Sharing is caring and all the above.

3. It will be so good idea if you can design the system well and make the plugin famous.
    1. No one would touch in dirty codes as it is unreadable for everyone except you. You would need some Tips to keep it clean.
    2. I haven't seen such plugin that it isn't famous but well maintained by volunteers. Only such famous plugins as WorldEdit, FAWE, Multiverse-Core are well maintained by those. You must keep advertising your plugin so people would be interested in contributing to the plugin.
    So, in most cases public repositories make no sense. However, you can still make the plugin public, and you don't have to make it private.

If you are to make only your collaborators work, using GitHub would fit very well because versions are very easy to control.
    If you are not to, i don't recommend using GitHub highly.