New Builds

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by WicKd, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    It seems that Spigot has been having worse performance with builds 465+. Is anybody else experiencing this? Seems to happen with more players.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

No.

Performance varies depending on what your players do. And of course more players worsens performance. I don't really recall a Spigot build ever having worse performance than in the past, especially when nothing changes. If you can point me to a specific change you think increased the 'lag' then I can investigate it more.

3. These issues seemed to have came after build 465. I tried build 467 when it was released and noticed worse performance when I was at 300+ players. After I figured that, I downgraded to 465 again, and was running it for a while now. I just noticed that there was a "promoted" build and I decided to give it a try, and see how it works, and it had the same issues. Heres the TPS results from each build

465, 350 players (taken before update)
    [​IMG]

485, 343 players
    [​IMG]

Its quite strange tho, sometimes, it will just go back up to 20 TPS and run like that for about 1/2 a minute and then drop again. For example, about 20 seconds before taking this picture, with 330 players, it was 20 TPS.

Edit: Heres an extra screenshot
    [​IMG]
    I also believe after build 465 was when you just tried to fix "Mob spawning issues"

#3 WicKd, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013