New Memory Leak Server Crasher?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by coolfire02, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Just a few hours ago, my server went down. A person some how caused a memory leak error? I dont get it. He causes a memory leak error, server goes down. Server tries to reboot, reboot fails all plugins unloaded due to the memory leak error and it still isnt up.

Currently running ubuntu, is there any possible way to fix this? and any solutions for such server crashes?

[19:00:32] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:717) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:957) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1378) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:364) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:723) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:374) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:654) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:557) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]
    [19:00:32] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /home/desktop/ftp/Vortex Prisons/./crash-reports/crash-2018-06-30_19.00.32-server.txt
    [19:00:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

2. You double posted this thread ;p

This is no case of 'memory leaking'. See this: OutOfMemoryError ? That's your problem.

3. Yeah I know. I accidentally posted it on bungee instead of here

This not even close to just an OutOfMemoryError. Its confirmed someone did something.
    Jun 30 19:21:09 ns550033 sshd[4665]: Received disconnect from ---.---.--.--- port 59698:11: Normal Shutdown, Thank you for playing [preauth]

4. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Do you realize that "OutOfMemoryError" can come from a memory leak? due to all the memory will end up in use for no reason?
    OP is this the full error?
    "/home/desktop/ftp/Vortex Prisons/./crash-reports/crash-2018-06-30_19.00.32-server.txt"
    What all does that contain? was this 1 time or does it keep happening?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. It was a one time thing. What we have found is that its something to do with attempting to log on to our services? That caused this entire thing to happen https://serverfault.com/questions/5...hank-you-for-playing-preauth-in-ssh-logs-mean

Still extremely clueless why would someone waist their talent on a minecraft server lmao

6. I don't get it... how did you run out of memory ? If the server is running with the MultiCraft host there is hack that can do that to your server so you must send a message to the technical support to check it, or i just didn't understand what happened :)

7. I doubt it was an actual player that caused this unless they are exploiting a plugin.

Please post the error log from here as @NetherGoblin suggested:
    Code (Text):
    /Vortex Prisons/./crash-reports/crash-2018-06-30_19.00.32-server.txt
    From the error log we can decide if it is a plugin/player that is causing this and see your startup script. Does the issue continue if no plugins are enabled and it is just spigot?

8. Don't blame it on players when your server clearly crashed because it didnt have enough memory.
    It could happend because of, ex: Chunk Loading, Plugins & Drops.